Hey all,

Im goin 2 buy a tube amp soon, either the DSL401 or the Ashdown Fallen Angel...

but im also gettin a Marshall Shredmaster pedal (next week).

So with this information, do you think I need a tubescreamer?

I just assumed that if you have a tube amp then its wise to get a tubescreamer. But with this distortion pedal comin through it might be just enough?

What do you think?

Thanks!

(ps Dsl or Fallen Angel? )
If your getting a tube amp, forget about distortion pedals. Use an overdrive and an eq pedal or rack unit.
I think you should get and overdrive (doesnt have be a TS) instead of the Shredmaster. They can be very useful for a lot of different things.

On the amp topic, Id say go for the DSL. Im not too much a fan of the Fallen Angel
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
The Shredmaster will have more gain than you'll ever need, but you might want a Tubescreamer too just to get different tones. I'd try both before you make a decision, don't just go by what people on here tell you.
a tubescreamer is like an overdrive smoother thing right?

and well actually i tried the DSl401 today... didnt sound to good actually! (maybe cause the volume is like only just about 8'o clock...)

how much does it need to be cranked before the sound is 'tube' like?
It's easy to tell when a tube amps getting loud enough....the volume comes up gradually then all of a sudden it's rattling your teeth, that's the sign that you're on the way
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'd say my dsl401 begins to overdrive when both volume knobs are on 4
4-5 is the beginning of the nice breakup.

You don't need the Shredmaster. A TS might not be needed either.

Play the amp first of course, then figure out what you need.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Volume 4??

Wow thats pretty.. loud right?

ps thanks for all your help!

decisions decisions...
Slam the front end with a TS. Music to my ears IMO.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude