Hi,
I have been using my Ibanez GRX guitar from a starter pack, and its been a great guitar for 3 years or so but recently I've encountered some problems that I was wondering if its worth it to fix them on this guitar. I do enjoy the guitar but I am in need of a new one im sure.
anyway...on the bridge where you pull the strings through, on the high E part its kind of not right. when i put a string on it, it sort of sags off and doesnt stay straight and is very loose. Strings only last a week or so with it.
Also, when I adjust the volume it buzzes a lot once I get it past 8 on the dial. And the tuner parts where the string wraps around..on the low E it seems to be starting to separate from the head a little bit.
are any of these major problems or something i should bother having fixed on this guitar?
Your problem, first off, is it's an Ibanez. But seriously, any guitar you payed money for is worth it. But don't fix this one. Upgrade. New potentiometers (knobs), pickups, tuning heads, and a new bridge. That way, your problems will not only be fixed, but it'll kind of be like having a new guitar (without the new-guitar smell, unfortunately).

EDIT: after having thought a little more, it might just be cheaper to get a totally new guitar, depending on what parts you're looking at.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
I Agree with E V H. I'd push for repairs, but here It's better to just buy a new guitar. I mean, it's like if you had an old car worth 5000$ and had to put in 4500$ of repairs. I'm not saying your guitar is crap. Ibanez are high quality, but a new bridge would be at least 50 bucks but probably will be pushing 80$. Tuners will be 60$ and the electronics will be 20$ (potentometers) And you will probably need pickups. Starting at 100. For crap ones. That's like over 300$ An ibanez starter pack is less and you get an amp. So, you should jsut get a new guitar.
Cool
yea i was looking into just another guitar
but i think upgrading would be a more interesting and eductaional experiance
i dont know
but anyway
thanks duudes
Quote by FreeBird09
Cool
yea i was looking into just another guitar
but i think upgrading would be a more interesting and eductaional experiance
i dont know
but anyway
thanks duudes

Hate to say it but upgrading your current guitar would be a waste of time at this stage in the game.
yea i guess so
what do you think would like, be the next step up from what i had?
i wont be able to get anything too fancey but something of more quality than the ibanez.
if by style you mean like..what music or stuff i play i usually play like classic rock and some modernish bands. probably lean more towards lead guitar.
i have a marshall amp and im sure almost anything would sound good out of that.
For $299 you could get an Epiphone g-400. That could work for you.

Or a Schecter 006 Deluxe could work too.