couldnt find a keyboard section so had a question

is it hard to learn?

r there tabs for it or u need to learn music (i know some but not very good since i read tabs for guitar not sheet music)

are the cheap ones good enough if i just wanna mess around on it but have it still sound good?
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
If you play any other instrument besides bass, guitar or drums, you need to learn how to read music
hue
okay, in order to learn piano you have to learn how to read sheet music, it's as difficult as anything else, kinda hard to start, then easy until you get moderatetly sucky and then it gets harder to get better as you get better. Just like anything else.

edit: And find something with weighted keys if you actually want to learn how to play piano correctly, it will help you if you ever actually play a real piano. Those cheap 50-100 keyboards are alright to mess around with, but don't expect to get any good with one of those.
MySpace
Quote by syyz1
You're right, I mean, I can imagine eating children, but listening to good music seems a little too much. You, Iruleeverything, are the master of torture.
Last edited by Iruleeverything at Jan 26, 2007,
yea i can sorta read sheet music thnx for the advice i may hold off on this for a while till i get good at guitar
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
Keyboards are easy. Pianos are a bitch...especially when your school gets one and nobody knows how to tune it.
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
Quote by TheGuitarDreams
Keyboards are easy. Pianos are a bitch...especially when your school gets one and nobody knows how to tune it.

+1

mygod. school pianos are like almost a whole step off
Quote by TheGuitarDreams

I should know
hue
It all depends on what level of playing you want to get to. It will help you tremendously with your overall understanding of music though, for guitar and whatnot.
Well, I don't know about Keyboard, but I learned Piano 11 years ago. Slowly I turned from playing classical stuff to more "current" moods. Around the time I learned guitar, pretty much. I was dragged into guitar from buying a keyboard, and getting addicted to Arps, then Matthew Bellamy drove me to practicing the hell out of Guitar and Piano. Oh look, I drifted off there for a moment.

Well, if you learn Piano, Keyboard is nothing. It comes easier when you have influence, and a strong influence at that.
Quote by Zuka
Well, I don't know about Keyboard, but I learned Piano 11 years ago. Slowly I turned from playing classical stuff to more "current" moods. Around the time I learned guitar, pretty much. I was dragged into guitar from buying a keyboard, and getting addicted to Arps, then Matthew Bellamy drove me to practicing the hell out of Guitar and Piano. Oh look, I drifted off there for a moment.

Well, if you learn Piano, Keyboard is nothing. It comes easier when you have influence, and a strong influence at that.

I would eat my own face for your Kaoss LP Custom. I mean literally bite and chew up my own face. Not kidding.
Is keyboard music still written on a grandstaff, or is it just written with one cleff since there arent as many octaves covered as keyboard?
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I would eat my own face for your Kaoss LP Custom. I mean literally bite and chew up my own face. Not kidding.

I was lucky enough to find someone willing to do it. And a skilled one at that.
Quote by Lgndkllr777
Is keyboard music still written on a grandstaff, or is it just written with one cleff since there arent as many octaves covered as keyboard?

keyboard and piano are basically the same instrument, it's like acoustic and electric guitar. The music is written the same, though some music may not have the grand staff, but thats mostly fake books.
MySpace
Quote by syyz1
You're right, I mean, I can imagine eating children, but listening to good music seems a little too much. You, Iruleeverything, are the master of torture.