Ok, I realize there is a high probability of being flamed here, but frankly I dont care. I tried to pull up a tab a moment ago and you know what I found? Complete insanity. There were peoples names who I had no clue about, random factoids about the band, useless names of the pedals they're using, and the "complicated" part falls to the inpercicness of the actual tab itself. Its like none of them have the breaks named (chorous, verse, bridge, solo, ect) So I just ask.....put up a dragonforce tab that makes sense....no nicknames for the band, just please PUT UP A DECENT TAB.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I know, often they'll put up 2 paragraph legends of symbols they don't even use in the tab, it's stupid. Professional? Nah.
all you need in a tab , really are the notes, time signature, tempo, and note values
hue
people should really be able to figure out all the legend crap from listening to the song. if u dont know the song well enough for that, u aint gunna be able to remember it lol
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Sheet music isn't nearly as hard to read as people make it out to be. They say it's hard just because they're too lazy to remember key signatures or learn where notes are on the staff. And threadstarter, you're an idiot if you can't even understand tablature, which is sheet music for retards. For that, and for asking for a Dragonforce tab, you fail at life

BTW, not intended to diss those who use tabs, whatever floats your boat.
Quote by cockzit
Sheet music isn't nearly as hard to read as people make it out to be. They say it's hard just because they're too lazy to remember key signatures or learn where notes are on the staff. And threadstarter, you're an idiot if you can't even understand tablature, which is sheet music for retards. For that, and for asking for a Dragonforce tab, you fail at life

BTW, not intended to diss those who use tabs, whatever floats your boat.

*Hides in cornor*

No I realize what your saying, but as you said, tabs is sheet music for idiots....please people, keep it that way. This is all I ask
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
First of all, A dragonforce tab is going to be complicated, but all those facts about pedals and ledgends are needed.
I've been reading music since about 3rd grade. It's never seemed to be complicated. Except when you get to the really high notes, or the really low notes. I gotta actually walk through the scale to figure them out. Tabs have it's advantages, being so accesible and universal, whereas actual notation takes education. But tabs don't tell the difference between an 8th note or a quarter note. And never once in my life have I seen the terms "rubato", "moderato", "legato", or even "staccato" used in tabs.

Edit: That's why I use PowerTabs. If a tabber's an idiot, you'll know right away.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Well, the time signature and note values are there to help you figure out the rythm. You should use Power Tabs or Guitar Pro instead, that should make life easier for you. I like it better because it also has the standard notation, which I like better since I can make up my own fret positions/ fingerings
Quote by NoneMoreBlack
First of all, A dragonforce tab is going to be complicated, but all those facts about pedals and ledgends are needed.

No. Dragonforce is not complicated unless you make it so. I can understand some things about the pedals for specific songs, especially dragonforce, but if you ask me just buy every pedal on earth and stick it in a synth. and youll sound like herman....

Back to the dragonfroce complicity.

They dont play hard things, there style is almost like a poem...its gotta scheme to it, they'll bang around on penatonics and random apreggios, then theyll play some scales, then they'll do something stupid like a robot noise, then repeate.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by cockzit
POWERTABS/ GUITARPRO

Thats all you'll ever need. Power Tab editor is free

Where can I actually pick up power tab editor?
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
*Hides in cornor*

No I realize what your saying, but as you said, tabs is sheet music for idiots....please people, keep it that way. This is all I ask

Hahahaha...the irony that you mispelled "corner."

EDIT: and also "you're" and used "is" rather than "are."

Sorry!!!

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Jan 26, 2007,
Quote by evening_crow
Hahahaha...the irony that you mispelled "corner."

EDIT: and also "you're" and used "is" rather than "are."

Sorry!!!

Dude.....that was the idea of the joke....and apparently it worked...you laughed..HOORAH! *highfives self*
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
It's actually pretty nice of them to do that for you people.
Be grateful bitches!

Especially what effects they use.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Tabs are stupidly over complicated - you tend to get musical retards tabbing songs they've probably heard once, and claiming that there's all sorts of wierd things going on.

Sheet music is only as useful as a good tab, but then finding a good tab is hard enough. Best bet is to get the basics from a tab and go away and figure the nuances out for yourself.
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
They dont play hard things, there style is almost like a poem...its gotta scheme to it, they'll bang around on penatonics and random apreggios, then theyll play some scales, then they'll do something stupid like a robot noise, then repeate.

Well, if it's apparently so freakin easy to tab, then why don't you do it?

I'm sorry, but no matter how much you seem to want to simplify it (because hey, you've listened to it! it can't be that hard!), the simple fact that the notes are played at a VERY FAST RATE makes particular notes hard to distinguish. And that the lead guitars are barely ever very high in the mix nor are they given a very defined sound, and then there's the harmonizations, which muddy the sound up even further.

It's not just "Oh just play some pentatnonic licks for teh solo with some kul tapping ont eh highs trings or something lulz", it's not just "play some scales or soemthing fast sounding for 4:30-6:00" - that's not a freakin tab. You know, you have to figure out each and every note in every lick they play, in every scale, arpeggio, pentatonic licks (they don't do that many of those anyways, where are you getting this from?), also the pitch harmonics, the slides, whether it's legato or picked, the harmonizations, and yes, even sometimes instructions on how to do the "dur stupid robot noise" (have you ever even attempted tabbing Dragonforce before? Like, actually tried, and not just, you know, listen to the song?). A good tab is precise, a good tab is accurate, a good tab is meticulous. If you disagree, then what the hell are you looking for? A piece of paper saying "lol just play sum power chords for The Ramones"? How simple do you need it?

And then you get into Powertabs and Guitarpro, where you have to get the exact same timing (and for organic stuff like Steve Vai, it's just barely damn possible). So don't complain about people being meticulous.

My favourite tab on here is Vai's Tender Surrender Powertab - despite being copied directly from the book, just look at all those playing dynamics.
Last edited by wasp2020 at Jan 27, 2007,
I like it when they're are notes and comments about how to play the song. It makes it feel more personable