is there a connection between being good at shredding and being a fast typer.

I myself have been playing guitar for about a year, and shredding, soloing is coming to me alot easier then just basic chord shapes. Im also an approx 80word per minuet typer.

i dont know how i ever thought of this...
Yes, and it's pretty obvious, it's how fast you can move your fingers for both, so of course they have something to do with each other.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
I don't think so. I'm a fairly fast typist, but I can't shred worth crap.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
i think so. if you can shred, you should be able to type fast. but it all depends on how well you know they keyboard, and how well you know the fretboard.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Never thought of that...

Those of you who have played trivia know I can type pretty damn fast
And I'm so-so at shredding, I'm no Gilbert
hue
i suck at shredding and typing but shredding ability =/= typing speed
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
I type like 75 wpm and I can't shred for shit, I lack the finger speed but I can connect chords. My cousin types with 1 finger and can shred my face off so hard it hurts. It's all about muscle memory especially with typing. I can get to the letters I want to get to fast because it's practically second nature. So you would become good at one thing the same way you would become good at the other but I doubt there is a direct correlation between the two.
lol if you can't do the basics of guitar, i don't even care about you.

your "shredding" is useless. learn to crawl before you run.
Well, does a good pianist type fast? Not neccessarily. But this seems like a good idea for a scientific experiment, now that you've done a little research...
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
oh ok yeah. ive played piano for 12 years. and i rock. but that doesnt help at typing. it helps at hitting alot of random letters, but not typing.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
I don't think there's a really distinct connection, because typing and shredding take different muscles.

And shredding isn't all that great anyway, IMO.
Peace.
It depends on how well you know the fretboard and the keyboard, otherwise how fast you do both will be different.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by pacoasterrider
is there a connection between being good at shredding and being a fast typer.

I myself have been playing guitar for about a year, and shredding, soloing is coming to me alot easier then just basic chord shapes. Im also an approx 80word per minuet typer.

i dont know how i ever thought of this...

I can type 100 words a minute and suck at shredding, but thats just me
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Yes, i think so.

For me it was weird. I can play pretty well and fast and then had to take a computer class. I was typing faster quicker than anyone else. It was weird though, my left hand was blazing, but it took awhile to get my right to pick up since when i play, it doesn't do anything except go up and down.
I type like 40 to 60 words a minute, I don't think I can shred, but alot of people disagree with that.
type fast typefast type fast type fast type fast type fsat type fast type fast

that took me 2 seconds
I can type fast but I'm not really accurate with it. I could shred if i got my picking hand workerd out.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
I don't think so.

Think about it. Some one can type at 100 words a minute, but if they've never played guitar, they won't be able to shred. They probably won't be able to move fast at all.
I suck at shredding, but back when I used to take IP class I got my typing speed up to 120 WPM. Now it's down around 80-90.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
i can type pretty damn fast but i cant shred

could also be that i play bass and shredding isnt my forte
Quote by Nelsean

If Brad Pitt hit on me though I would shove one up his bum.

Baby Elite of the Red vs Blue club. PM fret13 to join.

UG spartan #91