Ok, I have a boss OS-2, a TU-2 tuner, and a CH-1 Super Chorus. Go boss! haha

I'd like to add an RV-5 Reverb pedal and a DD-6 Delay.

Butttt, I'm finding out now that the reverb pedal has a built in delay. Would that make the DD-6 superfluous if I bought both?

I'm leaning more towards just buying the reverb pedal.

But let's say I bought both. Where in my setup would you put the pedals?

My current rig is

Guitar>TU-2>OS-2>CH-1>AMP

Where would the pedals fit?
defintely keep the DD-6 even if you get the RV-5. both are different spacial effects that'll add two different textures to your overall sound. looks like you're halfway there already with your current rig. the general rule of thumb (though not empirically so) is to go from the guitar to the tuner, then to overall sound-enhancers (compressors, eq's, etc), then to pedals that require a pure signal to detect an envelope (filter pedals, octave pedals, wahs, etc), then any distortion effects going from lo to hi gain, then modulation effects ending with chorus or tremolo, then reverbs, then delays.
its not going to be the same type of delay. ive seen delay pedals with a chorus knob but it doesnt sound exactly like a chorus pedal. also its not as versatile as a chorus pedal. so in your case both is better.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
I haven't used either of them, but I wanted to commend you for saying "superfluous".
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Quote by BloodBlooms
defintely keep the DD-6 even if you get the RV-5. both are different spacial effects that'll add two different textures to your overall sound. looks like you're halfway there already with your current rig. the general rule of thumb (though not empirically so) is to go from the guitar to the tuner, then to overall sound-enhancers (compressors, eq's, etc), then to pedals that require a pure signal to detect an envelope (filter pedals, octave pedals, wahs, etc), then any distortion effects going from lo to hi gain, then modulation effects ending with chorus or tremolo, then reverbs, then delays.

Ahh thank you! So I've had my setup connected correctly! That makes me feel a little warm and fuzzy inside hahaha .

And definately gotcha. I'm gonna go with ya'lls advice and get both. Thanks for the help. I'm used to getting jumped on in this forum, and I'm EXTREMELY glad I actually got answers this time, so thank you very much for that.

Oh and matt, hahaha thanks
just fyi, for the same price as the dd-6 you can go with the dd-20 which is infinitely better. i've had both and i can testify that the gigadelay has everything the dd-6 has and a lot more. check it out.
I've always tended to shy away from those dual-pedal pedals. Can you explain to me how they work?
sure! it's actually really easy. the left-hand footswitch turns the effect on and off. there are 4 user-programmable presets that you can save on the pedal. so, let's say you want one preset for analog delay, one for digital, one for modulated delay, and one for reverse. all you have to do is go to that particular delay, tweak it, and hit the "write" button. then, use the right-hand footswitch to scroll through any of the banks (red lights) and hit "write" again. that saves the preset. do that for each preset and you're good to go.

once you have your presets, the right-hand footswitch functions as a way to scroll through them seamlessly. hold down the switch for a few seconds, and you have access to the tap-tempo (or, do what i did, and get a $30 Boss FS-5U and connect it to the "expression" jack in the back for tap tempo). there are other features for more tweaking power, but that much will get you started. it's a really intuitive pedal and probably gets more use than anything else on my board (check my sig). hope this helps!
DAYUM you have a huge rig!

And OH! haha that seems surprisingly easy! Thanks man! I'm going to go with your advice and pick it up. I really could make some funky stuff with that.

I see you have the SansAmp GT2 as well. I was interested in that a few months ago. What do you think of it, since you own it?
Quote by BloodBlooms
that's right. i have a hard time deciding which is better sounding--my SansAmp GT2 through my all tube Ampeg VT-40, or my other guitarist's Orange Rockerverb.

Wow, another VT series user. I congratulate you on your good taste.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Quote by fatgraymatt
Wow, another VT series user. I congratulate you on your good taste.

you were actually the one who pushed me over the VT edge on that one, really. i was really looking for a V4, but found the 4x10 and knew how much you liked your 22, so i got it and couldn't be happier!
Wow, cool man, I'm glad you're happy with it. I think those are some seriously underrated amps, great value for the money. V4's are absolutely killer too if you ever come across one at a good price.