so i finally fixed the intonation in my guitar, but there's still a problem

since i switched to 10's, everytime i do a hammer on, the sound has an "oscilating" pitch, it incredibly annoying cause it sounds out of tune, does anybody know how to fix it?
if you hammer on from nowhere and have no fingers dampening the strings behind the fret (closer to the nut) it'll sound both frequencies, the one between your finger and the bridge and the one between your finger and the nut. If you are plugged into an amp you can't hear it because the pickups mostly pickup the one frequency.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

yea, the one between the nut and the finger isnt over the pickup, so dont worry bout it, happens on my strat, nothin thru the amp
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Quote by RPotts
if you hammer on from nowhere and have no fingers dampening the strings behind the fret (closer to the nut) it'll sound both frequencies, the one between your finger and the bridge and the one between your finger and the nut. If you are plugged into an amp you can't hear it because the pickups mostly pickup the one frequency.

yeah, i know that but for example

when i play this part from the wind cries mary

|-----------|
|---------------------|
|----8----9------10---|
||----8----9------10---|
|-8h[B]10[/B]--9h[B]11[/B]--10h[B]12[/B]---|
|---------------------|

the bolded notes sound out of tune by a moment and it's really annoying
Check ur intonation.. string gauge can affect it slightly..
Cort G290 EMG 89/SA/SA
Cort MR 780FX

#19 Member of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Group. PM Narmi.

Founder of the "Cort Domination Group"
Quote by Metallica12_12
Check ur intonation.. string gauge can affect it slightly..

i think it's the trus rod and my crappy tuner (the tuner on my amp)

i'm going to get a full adjustment at a local shop tomorrow
Quote by Chickenfrmheck
yea, the one between the nut and the finger isnt over the pickup, so dont worry bout it, happens on my strat, nothin thru the amp

the problem is that the slight pitch oscilation goes trough the amp, and i know what you're talking about