Page 1 of 2
red cross held a blood drive at my school today and i signed up last week to participate. they took a pint out of me and then walked me over to eat cookies and juice and stuff. my girlfriend went at the same time and we both had the same class. we ended up missing the last few minutes of 4th hour and the rest of school. it was pretty sweet. any thoughts?
Quote by cheames
neither is great. The Fender is bad though, unlike the Behringer which sounds so bad that it makes you want to stab out your own eardrums with a blunt pencil . hope that was helpful.

Guitar
Expert
Good Job. I'm proud of you.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Sounds yummy, good job.

EDIT:
Quote by deathshadow519
i have a penis

Congradulations on being reported!
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
only thing i dont like about it is if you watch the needle and your watching all your blood drain, that freaks me out a lil and yet i cant look away...
I have to wonder, did anyone pass out during the whole blood taking thing?

We had one of those blood drives at our school, and about 3 people who were supposed to be these "Big, tough Seniors" spazzed and passed out from it. Funny as Hell.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
I cant give blood cause my body temp is a bit higher than normal. So every time the people taking blood ask if im sick and refuse to draw blood. Also blood is supposed to stay inside the body... not taken out and shared with people.
did they use the "topical anesthetic"? we did it and they didn't numb the area first and it felt really uncomfortable feeling something wiggling around inside your arm
Metal>Rap

^that my friend is the greater than symbol
Quote by Kylster
I have to wonder, did anyone pass out during the whole blood taking thing?

We had one of those blood drives at our school, and about 3 people who were supposed to be these "Big, tough Seniors" spazzed and passed out from it. Funny as Hell.

i think a few people did, i think it was like 3 girls or something. the needle wiggling was indeed the worst part for me, but my bag filled up in about 6.5 minutes which was fast, some people were taking over a half hour. I'm guessing that could be why i felt a little strange right afterwards and was really tired while teaching tonight; i mean losing a pint in 6.5 minutes could be a quite sudden change. lol. it was cool though, to see all the people helping out and giving blood.
Quote by cheames
neither is great. The Fender is bad though, unlike the Behringer which sounds so bad that it makes you want to stab out your own eardrums with a blunt pencil . hope that was helpful.

Guitar
Expert
Quote by wings4marie
did they use the "topical anesthetic"? we did it and they didn't numb the area first and it felt really uncomfortable feeling something wiggling around inside your arm

nope they just cleaned it and iodined it and in went the sterile, disposeable needle.
Quote by cheames

Guitar
Expert
Good job. I don't think I can safely give blood. You have to be atleast 110lbs. I am 115lbs but I'm not super short, 5ft9.
Quote by patalp
Good job. I don't think I can safely give blood. You have to be atleast 110lbs. I am 115lbs but I'm not super short, 5ft9.

i'm pretty safe for giving it. i weigh about 180 and am 6'0". they had to turn some people away because they went to different countries. i was so tired at guitar teaching though, i probably shouldn't have gone.
Quote by cheames

Guitar
Expert
Apparently if you withdraw blood and then drip it back in it gives you like superstamina or something
I haven't ever given blood except for blood tests. But they love my blood......Type O-

EDIT: but I plan on giving next time they come to my shcool.
Last edited by the_experience at Jan 27, 2007,
Same with masturbating with radioactive chemicals as lubricant, makes your wang soopastrong!
yo.

I BELIEVE
i did the exact same thing the other day at school. however they won't be able to use my blood due to the extreme THC content though lol
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
blud loss reading this, call me a pussy or whatever but im kinda 2 weak to type. ..
DANK MEMES
I've never given blood yet, I've had it taken for tests though and I thought it was pretty cool to watch it flow out into all the vials...

The only person I know who as given blood is my dad, who's been a few times. Can't do it for a while now though as he's been tattooed again recently.
um i always thought it was weird that blood is blue on the insid of your body....then like if there was no oxygen in the packets that they drain it all out in, wouldnt it come out blue?
Quote by xDie_Romanticx
um i always thought it was weird that blood is blue on the insid of your body....then like if there was no oxygen in the packets that they drain it all out in, wouldnt it come out blue?

It isn't blue inside your body, it's just darker when it's deoxygenated, however they can make sure they don't get deoxygenated blood by drawing it from the arteries instead of the veins.
Quote by burningcowsrule
It isn't blue inside your body, it's just darker when it's deoxygenated, however they can make sure they don't get deoxygenated blood by drawing it from the arteries instead of the veins.

oh. my asshole health teacher said they put tiny ass video cams in ones body and thats how they know its blue...i called BS on it when i first heard that.
Quote by shav0r
Apparently if you withdraw blood and then drip it back in it gives you like superstamina or something

*Tries*

And I think I'd give blood when I get older. Always glad to help
Everyone should give blood. And be an organ donor.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I've given it twice that was supposed to be for myself during surgery, yet they didnt use it. They couldnt even give it to someone else, which kind of dissapointed me
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Quote by beau05
I'd say country or bluegrass would be pretty difficult, for being inbred is a pre-requisite
i gave blood a couple times. not bad expeiriences as a whole. intresting as it doesnt hurt as bad as the dumb little finger pricks. i hate those.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
My mom gives blood every other week (but sometimes the Red Cross tells her she can't because she doesn't have enough at that time).

We had a blood drive at our school a few weeks ago. Like 4 or 5 girls passed out on that day.

I don't give blood because I'm already very skinny and probably don't have enough blood to begin with.
That's cool, I'm planning on doing so soon.

Is there an age limit for giving blood?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by chillininfl
i gave blood a couple times. not bad expeiriences as a whole. intresting as it doesnt hurt as bad as the dumb little finger pricks. i hate those.

+1

Those finger pricks hurt like a bitch compared to giving blood...
Quote by yawn
My mom gives blood every other week (but sometimes the Red Cross tells her she can't because she doesn't have enough at that time).

We had a blood drive at our school a few weeks ago. Like 4 or 5 girls passed out on that day.

I don't give blood because I'm already very skinny and probably don't have enough blood to begin with.

Same...I wouldn't have any blood left because they would take it all out
Quote by Jinskee
That's cool, I'm planning on doing so soon.

Is there an age limit for giving blood?

it used to be 18, but they said 17 when people were siging up at my school.
Quote by cheames

Guitar
Expert
Quote by sloppyjoe24
Good news: Gave blood

Bad news: intended to give sperm

hey man, you're doing somone good somewhere haha.
Quote by cheames

Guitar
Expert
I gave blood once.....it wasnt that great

I guess i should of told them i had AIDS first
Quote by powerpiker
I gave blood once.....it wasnt that great

I guess i should of told them i had AIDS first

yes that would slightly throw the experience off.
Quote by cheames

Guitar
Expert
Page 1 of 2