hi people..
whats the advantage of midi in/out in an effects peddle....
does it mean i can join the peddle in the comp and download effects patched for the peddle??
Ultimatly, Midi, in the case your using it in, is the ultimate switching tool... chances are if its midi its not gonna let you "download patches" but instead will let you put together a pedal that lets you switch through a bunch of settings easily and simply.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
The only pedal I have with MIDI on it is my POD 2.0 - you can hook it up to a PC and use the Line 6 software to edit the patches on it, which you can then save or back up on the PC.
Quote by Striketalonx
Ultimatly, Midi, in the case your using it in, is the ultimate switching tool... chances are if its midi its not gonna let you "download patches" but instead will let you put together a pedal that lets you switch through a bunch of settings easily and simply.

+1

Pranav, just an FYI. I've seen a couple of your threads, I'm assuming English isn't your first language. Instead of saying "joining in the computer", try "connecting to the computer". When hooking something up to a computer or the internet, you want to say you're connecting it, not joining it. Also, it's "pedal", not "peddle".

Not trying to be uncool here, just trying to help you communicate more clearly.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
thx fatgraymatt..
btw ya..english is not my 1st lang...i am a nepali...
hey Mr songwriter, u actually transfer the effects from computer to ur pod pedal through midi in/out?? or through usb....??
There aren't any USB ports on the POD, you launch the Line 6 Edit software on your computer....

...then hook it up to your POD via MIDI and either load presets that you've downloaded from the Line 6 website or make your own using the software (you are actually controlling the settings on the POD in realtime) and then save the ones you want using the saving function on the POD itself, mind you, I would try a POD first to make sure you like what it does to your guitar sound (I don't particularly)
^ True, although the PODxt, PODxtLive and PODxtPro do have USB ports. Damn convenient.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.