alright heres the deal....right now i have a fender FMR65R but the band is starting to get some gigs and frankly i just dont like the tone of the fender....but anywho there is a Marshall MG100HDFX for about 300 that i could get....do you think i should get this cause i cant afford a JCM of any sort so any help would be greatly appreciated
Quote by Home_EG
Everytime you procrastinate, god lets fall out boy live another day. How's that for motivation?

Quote by Home_EG
Originally posted by Rockey Chick#1:
got a mouth full of stuff that taste better than candy.

Did you blow Willy Wonker?

man i love this site
No avoid the mg series by all costs
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Duncan SH-6 in bridge)
Fender 50's Stratocaster (Duncan Hotrails in bridge)
Fender Standard Telecaster (Fender SCN Pickups)
Marshall JCM 900 4500
Vox DA5
^^

yeap... I suggest saving up more for a Marshall DSL401...
much better than the MG IMO
i have an MG100HDFX. i dont have any problem with it at all. UG is a full on bandwagon site so its hard to tell what people really think about it.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
are they really that bad cause i have like no money at all for this and its got a few effects on it and everything
Quote by Home_EG
Everytime you procrastinate, god lets fall out boy live another day. How's that for motivation?

Quote by Home_EG

man i love this site
^^

if you can just save up for a Marshall JCM2000 DSL401...
much more credibility and will last you much longer IMO...

but if not then it's up to you...

EDIT: TS what's the music styles you want to play?
Last edited by Archeo at Jan 27, 2007,
i had an mg and it pissed me off so much that i bought a mesa mark iv. i just didnt feel like continually upgrading until i got the amp i wanted so i skipped all the middle area. the mg are not terrible practice amps since they sound ok at low low volumes (off is probably the best tho haha) but if you dont like your fender amp for gigs then the mg wont be any better.

look into carvin amps, maybe even used ones. they are pretty good for the price.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
MG's arn't terrible, but I would save for a better model, like the other guys have said
alright thanks for the help guys
Quote by Home_EG

Quote by Home_EG

man i love this site
Quote by rustic_metal
UG is a full on bandwagon site so its hard to tell what people really think about it.

I agree but i have played the 15 watt and 100 watt version and they suck...for the same price you could get a really decent tube amp at the 100 watt version. Why buy it? O.o
Used Marshall DSL401.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by rustic_metal
i have an MG100HDFX. i dont have any problem with it at all. UG is a full on bandwagon site so its hard to tell what people really think about it.

UG is also full of people who don't know what they are talking about/ are tonedeaf/ just don't give a shit about their tone/ think the name and look of an amp or guitar is more important than the sound.

Stay away from the MG's.
Quote by mr_hankey
UG is also full of people who don't know what they are talking about/ are tonedeaf/ just don't give a shit about their tone/ think the name and look of an amp or guitar is more important than the sound.

are you reffering to me?!
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
i had an mg30 dfx and the tone was shite, there is a reason why everone on here tells people to avoid them, get a used dsl401 or borrow £100 from someone cause they are only £400 new, you will regret buying an mg, i know i did 20 mins after i got it home
Quote by rustic_metal
are you reffering to me?!

Im only assuming... lol
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Quote by rustic_metal

well yeah....i plugged into a 2x12 mg at gc......and i was literally expecting shit to fly out of the speakers...but it actually wasnt that bad...i could jam with it
^^ have you played any tube amps past bedroom level??

honestly, to a beginner the MG won't sound too bad, but as you experience, your ear for tone will get better and you'll realize you could have done better. going from a frontman to a mg isn't much of an improvement, so save your money.

We aren't on the bandwagon, we know better, and have more experience....no offense, as I think it's great for someone to play guitar and theres no way I'm trying to discourage you, but in a while you'll find out the marshall mg logo is all your paying for.

TS, what kind of music do you play.... JCM 2000's arent for everyone.... My advice is to save save save (did I mention save??) anyways, and try to get a good used amp on ebay or craigslist (I would prefer craigs list as you could go try it out). I've almost bought a JCM900 MK3 with a 1960 for 625 and they were around 900-1000 just for the head on ebay.

If you don't mind used, it's the way to go cuz if you dont like it you could probably get your money back.
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
look into vox and roland if you still want a 100 watt amp. not like you will need it if you go dsl. the dsl is loud as HELL
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Vox Valvetronix is pretty good ish if your on a budget. I'd go for a Valve amp though, they just cut right through solid state tbh. As said before the - DSL401.
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club