Poll: Do you want to play some D&D
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you want to play some D&D
yes
16 36%
no
24 53%
I AM T3H DUNG30N M45T3R!111 J00 MUST OBEY!
5 11%
Voters: 45.
This game has always interested me yet i've never played it because:

1. I doin't have time to
2. I don't have the game
3. I don't know anyone who owns it

But strangely whenever I ask people about it, they always say they've wanted to play it aswell. Anyone else feel this way?
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Played it...its awesome if the people around you know what they're doing, and you understand how to play as well.

Its not that hard to learn and stuff, but if you live in a small town with few book stores/hobby shops then its hard to get the books and dice. I have a lot of books on discs...I could probably get them to you if you are really interested...

Edit, oh yeah, I forgot,

/geek
COuld could even get started with a game on the computer like NeverWinter Nights. That's how I started - it follows all the same mathematical formulas only minus having to roll the dice yourself.

You dont buy D&D

D&D originally plays with dados(IDK how to say it in english), a map and good imagination, character creation at first(which you create first race then class example elf rogue etc) then throw the dados to see what ya get for stats and then go into some scenery example, your driking in a bar and a swarm of orcs just thrash in and 1 of them yelled: Who's Astyanax????? Your name being Astyanax you can either choose to tell or not and throw the dado of 20.......18 or more you tell him 17 less you keep it quiet etc.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by SorrowIsMe

You dont buy D&D

D&D originally plays with dados(IDK how to say it in english), a map and good imagination, character creation at first(which you create first race then class example elf rogue etc) then throw the dados to see what ya get for stats and then go into some scenery example, your driking in a bar and a swarm of orcs just thrash in and 1 of them yelled: Who's Astyanax????? Your name being Astyanax you can either choose to tell or not and throw the dado of 20.......18 or more you tell him 17 less you keep it quiet etc.

Yeah, but it realllly helped me when I got the books.
Or you can just play guitar instead of pretending you're an elf.
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
Quote by bassdrum
Played it...its awesome if the people around you know what they're doing, and you understand how to play as well.

Its not that hard to learn and stuff, but if you live in a small town with few book stores/hobby shops then its hard to get the books and dice. I have a lot of books on discs...I could probably get them to you if you are really interested...

Edit, oh yeah, I forgot,

/geek

That's the only part about it I don't get. WHY is it sooo complicated? You have like 15 dice, one of them has 20 sides. Is it really that deep of a game?

Things to come:
Quote by RB cam RB

or you could just shut the fuck up and let people discuss their geeky activities that don't involve guitar

Things to come:
Quote by Funkbass796
or you could just shut the fuck up and let people discuss their geeky activities that don't involve guitar

Did you roll a 17 for that comeback?
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
Its really not THAT complicated, it just seems intimidating when you start. Luckily, I had access to the books as I mentioned and I had some help from more experienced players. If you are interested, then you will get past the stage of "this is too hard" and into the having fun, spending your Friday evenings in a dark, stuffy room with 4 other smelly gimps.
Quote by RB cam RB

In my personal opion, being an Elf is more fun, and definetly pays off more in the long run....
Quote by SorrowIsMe

You dont buy D&D

D&D originally plays with dice, a map and good imagination.

Yeah, you just get some nerds and draw a map and get some action figures or little guys (Some kids use ripped up eraser pieces or WHATEVER) and throw some dice. I can't see how you could BUY a D&D style game. Unless you mean like a video game.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by bassdrum
Its really not THAT complicated, it just seems intimidating when you start. Luckily, I had access to the books as I mentioned and I had some help from more experienced players. If you are interested, then you will get past the stage of "this is too hard" and into the having fun, spending your Friday evenings in a dark, stuffy room with 4 other smelly gimps.

yeah, the only thing is if I were to play it, I wouldn't want it to be super serious. I'm a nerd, this isn't new to me, but i'd like to work some funny-ness in there at times. And not nerdy humor either, i'm talking straight up funny shit. Would that be possible or is it pretty much like the only people who play this are very serious about the game and get all pissed off if you try to do that?

Things to come:
its kind of a nerd thing. if u play its not something u say to be cool
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
I thought you bought the board and it came with figures, dice and books etc and you played a game 0.o

I've always wanted to try it, because I'm a big fan of role play. However, no one else I know is.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I never played it, but my sis's mate had it, we were all mesmorised by this dusty box like it was jumanji or somthing.

I liked the cartoon on telly though, dont know if they ever showed it in america, but it had a little yoda guy called the dungeon master
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
People do it on forums these days, too. I have some experience with that (yeah I'm a nerd), we could possibly try it on here one of these days.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
D&D is really fun to play. It's easy to do it without getting "obsessed" about it.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
ZOMG jAkEsteRz SooPA ToRanA FrenDZ DoO BaTTles!!

I really wish I had super lightning bolt powers.

LMAO my soopa torana friends.... i think not
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.