I realize that japan runs on 100v power, and I was wondering how I would get my gear to power up there? I have a multi effect pedal that I'll be bringing, as well as some stompboxes. The problem is for the multi effects pedal. do I need to get a voltage transformer to get it to work, like one of these? click
I don't think my pedal supply supports multiple voltages so I might need that. Or do I just need a plug converter?
why do u want to carry ur stuff? u can get a custom made ESP or Edwards and u can buy stomp boxes at really cheap prices :P

U need a plug converter....something that u can buy there so dont beat urself over it
GEAR

Guitars:
IbanezRG350DX
Slammer Pacer

Amps:
Laney TFX1

Effects:
Zoom G7.1ut
Digitech Death Metal
Quote by solidstate
why do u want to carry ur stuff? u can get a custom made ESP or Edwards and u can buy stomp boxes at really cheap prices :P

U need a plug converter....something that u can buy there so dont beat urself over it

What are you talking about? Of course I have to carry my stuff, I'm just a student. what ESP's are you talking about?

I have stompboxes, but its things like a whammy (which runs on powersupply only) that I'm afraid of. Japan runs on 100V and where we're going to its at 50Hz. My power supply works with only US voltage. I think a plug converter alone won't do it?
they got some amazing guitars there....like the custom shop esps and edwards etc....
GEAR

Guitars:
IbanezRG350DX
Slammer Pacer

Amps:
Laney TFX1

Effects:
Zoom G7.1ut
Digitech Death Metal
Quote by solidstate
they got some amazing guitars there....like the custom shop esps and edwards etc....

oh, that's what you meant, well, that's the least of my problems, buying stuff. I just learned that plug converter only work for power supplies that can already handle multple voltages, IE 100VAC-220VAC on the adaptor. Mine does not.