I'm gonna be going to japan for a few cultural exchange music performances. Is there anyway I can make a battery pack rated at 12 volts AC, 500 mah? It could be a single 12 volt battery or a combination. I'm a bit rusty at physics so I'm not sure how to get the proper voltage out of multiple battery combinations. Is this possible?
wire in series to increase the voltage and wire in parallel to increase the MAH rating. what are you powering? is it rated at 500MAh? if it is you are going to drain a few batteries. Your best bet is using a bunch of C or D batteries which have huge MAH's but you need to wire 8 of them up to get your 12 volts. D batteries are about 10,000 mah which would run your 500 mah device for 20 hours or C batteries are about 5,000 which would run it for 10 hours. C and D batteries are quite heavy BTW, especially if your carrying 8 of them. might bge best getting the batteries in Japan and wiring the pack up b4 u leave.
Marty
Quote by suicidalmoose
wire in series to increase the voltage and wire in parallel to increase the MAH rating. what are you powering? is it rated at 500MAh? if it is you are going to drain a few batteries. Your best bet is using a bunch of C or D batteries which have huge MAH's but you need to wire 8 of them up to get your 12 volts. D batteries are about 10,000 mah which would run your 500 mah device for 20 hours or C batteries are about 5,000 which would run it for 10 hours. C and D batteries are quite heavy BTW, especially if your carrying 8 of them. might bge best getting the batteries in Japan and wiring the pack up b4 u leave.

I'm powering an old zoom multi effects pedal, and a whammy, the whammy, I can make a pack no problem, but the zoom takes AC power only. I only need about an hour of power from them.

What if I used a power inverter? However, I'm not sure that I can use it with batteries that are not car batteries. Can I?
Last edited by Charso at Jan 27, 2007,