I'm looking for a SS amp, and i read some very good reviews about the line 6 vetta II.
my budget is 2 grand so it's not out of my budget. my genres are : modern rock, altern rock, indie, britpop and classic rock.
Does anybody have the vetta II combo ? and what do you think of it?
or maybe other suggestions ?
thanks
you have 2 grand and your buying a SS.......don't........you'll regret it soooooooo much........tube>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SS
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by fender&gibson
I'm looking for a SS amp, and i read some very good reviews about the line 6 vetta II.
my budget is 2 grand so it's not out of my budget. my genres are : modern rock, altern rock, indie, britpop and classic rock.
thanks

2 grand budget and u want a solid state?? best noob ever!
Quote by metalman12
Im gonna upgrade to a marshall mg.

Anyone can be inspired
And practice all day
But its those that are
Inspired each and every day
That achieve success
nooo i'm gona buy a ss amp. i think tubes are overrated. they sound better, i know, but i just don't wanna replace those tubes every year a pay around 100 dollars for those...
and ss amps don't sound like shit when the volume is below 1, and the weight isn't so high as tube amps, you have a lOT of presets (you save money on stompboxes), and the're much more versatile.
I agree. You could get a killer tube amp for 2grand.I mean like a marshall. And Maybe even a mesa. It's like having 500 000$ and buying a ford focus instead of Teh Lamborghini. because teh lamborghini gets flat tires. And tubes cost less and you change them less often.
Last edited by NoneMoreBlack at Jan 27, 2007,
Hold on a god damm second! You have two grand, and you're looking at Line 6!?! Jesus, dude, you need to be looking at Marshall Tube amps. Here's Gutch's Marshall table - you'll see which are good.

oh god, tube amps aren't overrated, they are THE best amps in the world. It doesnt save on stompboxes either because all the effects on there aren't really accurate if its anything like my friends pod xt live. Why not buy the real thing rather than a wannabe amp if you have 2 grand to spend?!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
guys, it's his money....

He can do what he wants, it's his tone, so on.

to TS, I think the Vetta would keep up with some tube amps, but none that you could get for 2000$. I'm not sure if you've tried any old marshalls, or mesas, or high end tube amps. Also, if your gonna drop 2 grand on something you've never played, that may be a problem, but I've played it and it wasn't horrible.
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
Tube amps are amazing! I was considering a Vetta II, then realised that tubes are so much better (you'll only need to change them every couple of years if your lucky). For £2000, you could get a Marshall JVM full stack, a Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier half stack, an ENGL Powerball full stack - or you can also get some tube combo and loads of effects and youd have more versatility that a Vetta II.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
ill have to say the vetta is probably the best ss amp out there.......but if you have that kind of budget......tubes are the way to go....but if ya dig the vetta....go for it...(or you could buy a 5150 that will make you nut in your shorts when you crank it.......i screamed ''thats it'!!!!!!!! right in GC
^lol. Agreed, the Vettas the best SS but theres so much better in tube
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
How bout looking at the vox AC30 - good for britpop. Or you could look at some fender valve amps.
The Stuff!
^+1

get an AC30CCH, matching 4x12 and a good booster pedal, like a treble boost and then a full freq. boost.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by jerm__
you have 2 grand and your buying a SS.......don't........you'll regret it soooooooo much........tube>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SS

Quote by meharvan

2 grand budget and u want a solid state?? best noob ever!

Quote by indie-bassist
oh god, tube amps aren't overrated, they are THE best amps in the world. It doesnt save on stompboxes either because all the effects on there aren't really accurate if its anything like my friends pod xt live. Why not buy the real thing rather than a wannabe amp if you have 2 grand to spend?!

God damn, he said he wanted a SS, therefore he knows the tone he wants. Okay, everyone of you that has talked shit on SS, please raise your hand if you have played a Vetta II. UG has fucking ruined so many people with the "SS r t3h SUCKZORZ!@!!" He wants a Vetta, I rather like Vettas, so I will be the first person in the thread to actually be of some fucking help.

The Vetta's modeling is really top notch, tons of good sounds in there, of course they might take a little while to get out. The effects are all really good, at least all of the ones I tried, not digital at all. If you need a jack-of-all-trades amp, I would buy a Vetta over anything, even a Mk. IV, which it seems the circlejerk for is over. The only thing I didn't absolutely love on the Vetta was the extreme high gain sounds, all pretty compressed, but I'm sure it can be taken care of.
Sorry TS - Forgot you said SS only. Anyway, I'm not too sure on Line 6 amps. They are digital aren't they? The guy who helped me try ym DS-1 today, plugged it into some form of a 60 watt Line 6, and it all looked digital. Perhaps look into a Peavy SS combo, or *Gets flameshield* a MG 100watt half stack.
yeah, i like the vetta series too. Okay, yeah tubes are great etc etc w/e, but the vetta is pretty cool for what it is. It emulates pretty well, has a nice interface, emulates a f*ckload of stuff, theres no danger of it blowing up, and it can interface with the podxtlive and the variax guitar. Nice piece of technology. I'm personally going to be getting a tube amp in the future, but i don't mind digital effects or anything like that (i got a nice multi-fx) and i never REALLY minded my solid state all that much (except that it ways a ton). All that matters is, in the end, it sounds good.

and threadstarter, just play the vetta, try out different guitars on it too, and see if you like the interface, the effects, and the sounds before you shell out 2 grand for it.
Quote by fender&gibson
nooo i'm gona buy a ss amp. i think tubes are overrated. they sound better, i know, but i just don't wanna replace those tubes every year a pay around 100 dollars for those...
and ss amps don't sound like shit when the volume is below 1, and the weight isn't so high as tube amps, you have a lOT of presets (you save money on stompboxes), and the're much more versatile.

Just to clear stuff up for you: They sound good at low volumes, just not as good. They do weigh more, but is that really too important? They also don't blow up too much, unless you've taken really bad care of them. And as for presets, not all SS amps have them. Even with the Vetta, single effects can and will sound better.
er, you guys realise a vetta sounds better than a spider, right?

I haven't tried the vetta by the way, but I hear good things. I guess a hughes and kettner zentera combo would be worth a look too. It might be a bit more, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by fender&gibson
thanks

To try amd be help. I used to have the vetta II. It had a huge variety of sounds but I'm another tube lover. I think from what you say about your style and veiw on stuff its a good amp for you. Tubes really warm things up people push it over the edge a little. Whatever sounds good to you works. The other amps I suggest it the Line 6 flextone III, Fender Cyber Twin SE http://fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2290000010 , and the hughes and kettner zentera amp http://hughes-and-kettner.com/products.php?mode=prod&id=7 . There is a video on youtube that compares the modeling to the Mesa Lonestar Special. I'll post it if I can fine it.

EDIT: Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D5um0kRcQQ
Last edited by iluvmyprs89 at Jan 27, 2007,
Quote by Dave_Mc
er, you guys realise a vetta sounds better than a spider, right?

I haven't tried the vetta by the way, but I hear good things. I guess a hughes and kettner zentera combo would be worth a look too. It might be a bit more, though.

the vetta 2x12 is a very versatile amplifier. It has quite a few good distortion tones, great cleans, lots of effects, pedals, etc. you can even select different cab models to run your amplifiers through.

Not only do you get Line6 amplifiers/tones, you also get (very close) models of other famous amplifiers. Anything from small combos jimmy page used for recording to mesa boogie half stacks.

Also, when recording you can DI (Direct-IN) to midi, that way you don't have to worry about micing up your amp or anything. Also, when DIing you can choose a microphone emulation to simulate the tone of a miced cab. You can also select the microphone you use to mic.

Overall, the line6 Vetta (combo or stack) is a very versatile amplifier. Its also a very professional amplifier. I know of alot of players who have switched over to Solid State and the good majority of them prefer VETTAs for their huge amounts of versatility and their many many options when it comes to recording or live playing. Its a very convenient amplifier.

If you're buying one- buy it used.

Also, get the extended floorboard when you do. You should be able to pick up a Vetta 2x12 combo + Floor controller for under $1500 USD.

Don't listen to all these ****ing idiots because 99% of them have no idea what they're talking about. The other 1% have a clue but they don't own and haven't played a vetta 2x12, let alone compared it with other amplifiers and in live situations.
^ yeah, I mean, I can understand a marshall mg or spider being not great and still selling, because at that price, it's aimed at beginners, a lot of whom don't know any better. I can't imagine the vetta or zentera sucking at £1200 when there are lots of other kickass amps available.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah, I mean, I can understand a marshall mg or spider being not great and still selling, because at that price, it's aimed at beginners, a lot of whom don't know any better. I can't imagine the vetta or zentera sucking at £1200 when there are lots of other kickass amps available.

They sell for a reason. They ARE good amplifiers. I don't like them much because I'm pretty simplistic (guitar>head>cab) but they're pretty ****in amazing. The effects are all pretty good (except some of the distortion pedals they have) The reverb, delays, modulation, pitch shifter, wah, ETC are all great.

Lots I've seen a few local musicians switch over to the vetta after years with tube amps. When most people come over to jam they're more than happy using our Vetta 2x12 over either of my half stacks. Its alot of fun to play with (all the effects and shit) and it sounds good enough to compete with most high-end amplifiers out there. Its very possible to get a great tone out of a Vetta.

Off the shelf/Out of the box it might not be perfect but its very easy to get a good tone with a few moments of tweaking. easily rivals any of my heads when I spend as much time with it as I do on them.
^ that's what I figured. the amount of knobs on it scared me, lol, I saw one last time I was in Dublin, didn't bother trying it.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ that's what I figured. the amount of knobs on it scared me, lol, I saw one last time I was in Dublin, didn't bother trying it.

It is a very intimidating amplifier. Its got a shitload of knobs, buttons, etc. If you figured out how to make it all flash you could have a light show, lol.
^ heh, yeah. I thought the roadking was bad till I saw that one, lol.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If the amount of knobs on that amp scare you...you should see the ones on the Carvin V3...but personally, I love the Vetta I AND II, great amps, it's Line 6's Flagship amp and it sounds great. I've played it a lot at G.C
I currently play live with a Vetta II Head. I have tweaked the crap out of this thing and I get killer tone. No matter what I do I'll never get "The TONE" with this thing. I can say this, It's the most versatile sounding amp I have ever played. I would love to say don't buy this amp, but I can't I did. I've had it 3 years now and never a lick of trouble. It's 300 SS watts and I've never had a need to go past 12 o'clock (on half power mode).

The Footcontroller which is quite the expense is a must have to use this amp properly. I'd say this is the Seller to me for this amp. No pedals, power, cord problems to deal with.

No matter what I do to this amp, it's never going to "feel" just like a tube amp.
i havnt played a vetta, but one of my buddies has its predecessors, the AX2. and that is a very fine SS amp, if it is as good, or worse than the vetta, then the vetta is a mighty fine amp.

if you got 2 grand, and nothing else to spend money on, then get the vetta, if you want to get some other stuff, then look at the AX2, the 2x12 combos are about 300 dollars on ebay.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by AdamDK
Sorry TS - Forgot you said SS only. Anyway, I'm not too sure on Line 6 amps. They are digital aren't they? The guy who helped me try ym DS-1 today, plugged it into some form of a 60 watt Line 6, and it all looked digital. Perhaps look into a Peavy SS combo, or *Gets flameshield* a MG 100watt half stack.

Sorry but are you retarded? An MG over a ****ing Vetta? Basing Line 6 on what dicks on UG say, just by looking at the damn amp? Go die.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Also, maybe check out randalls V2 and T2 amps... maybe a Warhead for metal.

Otherwise the Vetta II and Zantera are both amazing amps.. I've only played the Vetta though, but from that youtube video, I'd have to say the Hughes is amazing...

A rad thing about the Vetta, that I really really love, is that you can have two differnet amps coming from two speakers.. so you can have a Fender Deluxe Reverb, or a Bassman, and a Marshall Plexi blending together, for a wonderful sound.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
^ I loved the Double Track feature on it. I played with a used one for a good 3 hours at GC (parents at the mall, I ****ing despise that place) and I still feel like I didn't even tap into what that amp was capable of. I might be checking eBay for one when money gets not so tight for me.
mascot had some high-end SS brand, can't remember the brand.

vetta's great though.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by fender&gibson
thanks

duuuuuude check this out http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zentera&search=Search
Quote by AdamDK
or *Gets flameshield* a MG 100watt half stack.

Just no, full stop.....I own it and since a month after I bought it i've been trying to sell it....so far to no avail (obviously) I might just bite the bullet and sell it for half the price I paid for it....even though that would piss me off to the level that I would start kicking racoons faces off. But for the sake of my tone I may have to.
So as I said before, whatever you do, do NOT get the MG100dfx half stack
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15