Page 1 of 2
any bad experiences...?

a friend of mine got hit in the face lol ahhh good times
How do you drown a blond?

Put a mirror at the bottom of the pool.
It whipped me in the wrist pretty bad once but that's about it.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.

Hilarious
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
its cut my eyelid which was a close shave btu thats it really, just he usual nicks from time to time
Cut my left hand pinky a little.

A friend was trying to break his cheap £20 second hand shop bass by tuning the E as much as possible, you could see the coiling just snap out and it hit his fingers pretty damn bad.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
it took my dads friends eye out.he was changing his acoustic guitars strings and when he tuned it it ripped and took his eye out.it happened like 20 years ago...poor guy...
Quote:
guy-get an ak-47 shoot him and blame it on his dog
man-he dont have one... can someone siriously help me?!
guy-just jack one froma local pet store. throw it in his yard. shoot him. duck tape the ak-14 to the dogs paw. run.. use gloves.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Hilarious

lol @ your signature.

And my string once stapped me in the fingertip, that's about it. Kinda just went; "SHIKT" and got planted in it.
Quote by shooky
it took my dads friends eye out.he was changing his acoustic guitars strings and when he tuned it it ripped and took his eye out.it happened like 20 years ago...poor guy...

are you serious?
member #4 of "i remember when pokemon used to be cool" club
My finger bled immensely when my string broke off while playing it
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
I was re-stringing my guitar, i pulled a string out of the pack, it came uncoiled and cut my finger. I bled on my new les paul's bridge.
Quote by Ascendancy1080
I was re-stringing my guitar, i pulled a string out of the pack, it came uncoiled and cut my finger. I bled on my new les paul's bridge.

says the man who owns TWO MGs!!!!!!!!!!
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

My friend broke a string from bending, but it wasn't the string he was bending. what the hell.
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
I was always worried about strings taking my eye out if they snapped. I haven't had a string snap on me for a long time.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
My string kept coming out of the bridge whenever I raised the trem. it was ****ing pissing me off. I'm still afraid to go too high with it .
Dickless.
i cried i thought it was like the end of the world when i did it the first time.
i work in a guitar store during the summer... and i was string a guitar with the dean markly gold strings or whatever... being extra careful.... and i broke a string... i got my ass chewed and had to pay for the strings cuz they were 20bucks a set
Quote by MetalMilitia212
I'm still afraid to go too high with it .

I think most guitarists are painfully careful when re-stringing the high E.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I actually never broke a string while I was playing. Ever.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Gave my pinky a free piercing... hurt enough to cause me to jump about shaking my hand..oooh yes..I am a woose.. Managed to slice my arm once too..not entirely sure how that happened but the scar is impressive..lol
@-}-}-}-
One time it snapped in my face, and it was my low E (im a bassist).. so.. yeah.. that hurts.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Dickhead at school had his strap come off and his headstock hit him in the face, thus losing a tooth.

...made me laugh.
Quote by JamMan*
Dickhead at school had his strap come off and his headstock hit him in the face, thus losing a tooth.

...made me laugh.

this one time before a show, i was tuning my guitar, only minutes before it would start, and it ****in, snapped. I got so pissed that i took a firm grip on the string(high e) and pulled really hard. I got a pretty deep wound in my hand, and i had to play with that! it hurt like hell.
had the high e string break and land stuck into the palm of my hand, was around half a centimeter stuck inside :/. that was first time a string broke 2 lol
Broken strings are limited to mass damage i'm afraid to say.

Let me know when you create the thread "starting a fire"

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
i'll do it now *runs to get matches*

I just broke the low E string about an hour ago. I decided to see how far i could bend it. It snapped and ripped my entire face off. It's hard eating now... and breathing...
Proud member of the Butsecks Militia.
Bend over, pull em down, and prepare to be boarded. Don't be a victim.
Quote by zimdrums

a friend of mine got hit in the face lol ahhh good times

Ow... I've done that
Another time it hit my index finger and I couldn't use it to play guitar for a month
Well, this wasn't exactly damage to me, but cost me a lot of money. One time I was tuning my guitar in front of my pc to look at the tuning, and the string snapped and it hit the monitor and I had to get a new one :\
someone once tuned my guitar insanely high and the strings were really tight and i didn't know...i pick up my guitar and the first thing i do is a dive bomb....5 of the strings popped at once and 2 of them cut my wrists and hand and one bounced of my glasses...i was lucky
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
I had one go up my pee hole. And then I masturbated on my finger, then fingered a girl. I think she's pregnant.

HELP ME, THE PIT, HELP ME!
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
I had one go up my pee hole. And then I masturbated on my finger, then fingered a girl. I think she's pregnant.

stfu youre just trying to get sigged
i was playing at a gig and playing iron man i broke 2 strings at once withing like 2 strokes at the beginning of the song, worst of all my gf was there so it was embarssing.
And yes its true and amazing. I have a GF.
Quote by Will_Minus

I wish it would have lodged itself into your brain
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
I remember once a couple years back in Guitar 10, there was this really ignorant guy who would brag about how great his car was. So a friend and I tuned his strings until eventually the high "e" snapped. When he came back to the room he was furious, but because he didn't need the string to play, apparently, he played a little riff which resulted in a broken b string. It wasn't funny, but it was... Well... it was.
I've snapped a few tuning but and one from bending but ive never had one hit me, they fling off in the other direction. But my friend had one cut his hand so he always gets nervous when i uptune his guitar, so b4 i leave his house sometimes i tune it up to dadadd low to high and leave it so he has to face his fear, hahaha im a bastard. "from broken strings im bleeding, and it wonttt be long"
Page 1 of 2