All of my friends told me that they were pretty good but iv'e never heard of them. Does anyone know anything about them?
Old Man's Child is the brainchild of Galder, whom you may know is always the weird bald guitarist for Dimmu Borgir. The two bands are similar in sound, but still different enough to make OMC worth looking into. I like 'em.
Passage to Pandemonium!
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
OMC is pretty awesome. check out in defiance of existance and vermin. both are quality albums of symphonic black metal
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
I love this band, I really like vermin, but DoE is a top notch album as well. Either way, you should check out this band!
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
I really REALLY like Old Man's Child. They're not like "tr00" black metal or anything, so don't expect anything like that...But they make really good music.

Go to Century Media's website and download a song or two off of Vermin. That should give you an idea of what they sound like.
Clearly, he's just beckoning a young boy from the audience to his chambers for secret passion making...then rejoicing mere seconds later when he has completed the nostalgic rituals.

/has yet to see a half way decent pic of him...
Quote by CodySG
Clearly, he's just beckoning a young boy from the audience to his chambers for secret passion making...then rejoicing mere seconds later when he has completed the nostalgic rituals.

/has yet to see a half way decent pic of him...

pics of him are hilarious! Definitely saving them on my computer for future lolage when I find them hiding somewhere in a few months

I do like Old Man's Child though. The Pagan Prosperity is a pretty good album
Quote by gsr2k6

Idk man...I'm 18, I don't know if I'm his type.......

/listen to Vermin
I was talking to all these kvlt ppl and they all sayd these guys were supreme BM
then i listened and found them as boring as bat shit
really boring... like seriously some truly borin black metal
Old Man's Child are really good, you shoud definately check em' out.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
OMC > DB

Any day.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
I love old mans child for their syncopation and their acoustic guitars, I love Dimmu Borgir because itll sound 100x more epic in a symphonic sense any day.
Quote by insideac
I love old mans child for their syncopation and their acoustic guitars, I love Dimmu Borgir because itll sound 100x more epic in a symphonic sense any day.

+1, it's not someting you usually hear in a form of black metal. Satyricon does similar things
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Quote by nebraskan
+1, it's not someting you usually hear in a form of black metal. Satyricon does similar things

Satyricon uses syncopation?! Omfg im checking em out
^Not exactly, they use accoustics and flutes (the song dark medieval times is the best example I can give.)
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Old Man's Child is amongst my top favorite bands at the moment. Galder writes almost everything for this band. It's actually his main band, Dimmu is just something on the side. And yes, every picture of Galder is absolutely hilarious. Is it just me, or does Galder look so...French? I know he's Norwegian, but he just looks so French.
Old Mans Child are pretty awesome and kick the piss out of Dimmu Borgir in everyway
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king