How do i find the key of a song inorder to solo against it? i used to just the first note of a song then use m technique against that.
May be the first note...but look for the lowest (root) note.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by bangoodcharlote
As a Jew, your sig offends me. Please change it.

That would require PMing EVERYONE in his little "emo holocaust" (t3h h4rdc0re) club and asking them to change it.

Couldn't you just ignore it? I mean, shit happens, just forget about it and don't ask people to change stuff because of your personal opinion.

And I'm not anti-semitic (sp?) so don't even bother asking.
R E G G A E
Ya that lesson that BGC put up basically sums it up.

And about this jewish deal, it has nothing to do with the jews. Its talking about emos. I know that there were tons of jews thats were killed along with many other people, but just ignore it. Like willpulman put it, 'shit happens'. You just cant let something as little as this bother you.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by justin_fraser
You just cant let something as little as this bother you.
Something little like millions of people being tortured and murdered simply because they were Jewish? Putz.

I know you don't mean to offend us. That isn't what angers me. Saying something like that trivializes what happened and causes us to forget how awful it was.

So you are going to PM everyone in the club, or give me everyones' username, and instruct them to change it.
circle of fiths my friend, there is a lesson on it here on ug.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
you must use the "puzzle system", and place your chord progression alphabetically in the
Major-Minor-Minor-Major-Major-Minor-Diminished puzzle thing, using your knowledge of WWHWWWH to place the chords, get it?? probably not cuz it takes a lesson or teacher...google it

key is crucial to becoming the best you can be, so it's a good question and you should pursue the answer

edit: using your method of the root note may work sometimes by chance and luck, but sometimes the key of a song isn't even a chord you are playing, and using different modes is crucial depending on what chord you are emphasizing, you will see all seven modes match up to the above "puzzle system".

good luck
Quote by Ascendancy1080
How do i find the key of a song inorder to solo against it? i used to just the first note of a song then use m technique against that.

hopefully to solo with it, and if you know how to play guitar (knowing the patterns) it is very simple. do a slide to find the root note, and there you go