my band enterd a talent contest featuring music, dance, and some more music-and we won!!!! its an instrumentale peice which i wrote(im the guitarist).
watch it and post replyes, but be gentle, as it was shot by a cellular phone....

were named optic illusion(i know....)

flame on!!
Edit: forgot to put the link.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=intlvzAKFQQ
Quote:
guy-get an ak-47 shoot him and blame it on his dog
man-he dont have one... can someone siriously help me?!
guy-just jack one froma local pet store. throw it in his yard. shoot him. duck tape the ak-14 to the dogs paw. run.. use gloves.
The clean opening was a little too ambient for my taste but the solo was pretty cool. Congrats.
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Jan 27, 2007,
Maybe it's just the quality of the film...but how did that win a talent show?

EDIT: I do really like the solo though, just not the rest.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
I thought the guitar was a bit sloppy up until the solo, the solo was very good i thought, your bassist is REALLY good...i couldnt really hear the drummer, but i'd say he was average, pretty good peformance in my opinion...work on your rythm playing a bit, and you'll be good. nice job
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
talent shows/battle of the bands are always a joke... me and a couple other friends signed up as 3 different joke bands(all grindcore cuz ppl hate grindcore) at our schools BOTB and all of our songs made fun of certain kids. the funny part is we didnt get in trouble for it either haha.

btw i liked the solo in that vid it was good
thanks all! ill work on my rythem and ill try to be more in tune the next time....
Quote:
guy-get an ak-47 shoot him and blame it on his dog
man-he dont have one... can someone siriously help me?!
guy-just jack one froma local pet store. throw it in his yard. shoot him. duck tape the ak-14 to the dogs paw. run.. use gloves.