I was with a few friends yesterday and they like rap, so i let them have their fun. So i'm listening to a bunch of this new rap, while losing faith in society, and i realized that they're taking a New Wave beat and putting it in the back every time.

Every single song has New Wave type back music. You can easily imagine people rapping to I Wear My Sunglasses at Night and such.

Thoughts?
Yes, I've noticed it at dances and such. It makes no sense to me. Rap beats are supposed to sound like funk on steriods (with maybe some other possibly elements), not pussy Enya. O_o

EDIT: Oh shit, New Wave, I was thinking New Age.
Last edited by MastaBassist10 at Jan 27, 2007,
Blondie used Rap in some songs...

And someone did sample I Wear My Sunglasses At Night, The Federation - I Wear My Stunna Shades At Night.

Enya isn't anything like New Wave.
Quote by Bmm386
I was with a few friends yesterday and they like rap, so i let them have their fun. So i'm listening to a bunch of this new rap, while losing faith in society, and i realized that they're taking a New Wave beat and putting it in the back every time.

Every single song has New Wave type back music. You can easily imagine people rapping to I Wear My Sunglasses at Night and such.

Thoughts?

Do you know what songs you were listening to? Because the only rap song that I can think of that does that is "I Wear My Stunna Glasses At Night" which was more or less "I Wear My Sunglasses At Night".
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by MDoggDX316
Do you know what songs you were listening to? Because the only rap song that I can think of that does that is "I Wear My Stunna Glasses At Night" which was more or less "I Wear My Sunglasses At Night".

Well i didn't even know he sampled it. It was a general example of a new wave beat that could be used.
STFU, we need all the Wu Bangers we can get.

Now I sure understand what TS is getting at, but I don't think New Wave is the right term for it/
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.