Welll i've been working on a song where you basicly pick around a Dm chord then a F and then a C then strum DmSus2 and I was just wondering which scale I should use. I'd tab it out for you but I dont know that whole code thing, i'm rhytm guitarist so i've never really done this before any help would be great.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
any pentatonic scale would do
Gear:

Epiphone les paul standard
Peavey Bandit 112
Dunlop Cry-Baby
Dminor?...just pick around dm,f and c scales and see what you like...probably a minor pentatonic
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
Quote by _one
any pentatonic scale would do

..not any scale...my friend thinks you can play any scale for a solo and he sounds terrible casue it's never in the right key
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

so that's with my pointer on 10 right sorry for askin such a noob like question
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
Quote by GuitarJunkie
..not any scale...my friend thinks you can play any scale for a solo and he sounds terrible casue it's never in the right key

Actually, i was just guessing..have to learnt some theory,

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php?qqq=FULL&scch=C&scchnam=Pentatonic+Major&get2=Get

so the link above...this scale only works chen i play the C chord?
Gear:

Peavey Bandit 112
Dunlop Cry-Baby
Quote by fru_rocks
No, it works when you're playing in the key of C. Not just over a C chord.

hate to be the retard here but could you explain some more....C-key?....keep in mind that im from sweden...and music-theory in english doesnt work for me
Gear:

Peavey Bandit 112
Dunlop Cry-Baby
if the chord progression starts with a C chord chances are it's in the key of C so if it's a I IV V progression ( C F G) you could use a C minor pentatonic scale and it will sound okay
Quote by Jack Off Jill

D Minor pentatonic would work, but try something a bit different.

Adventure outside the pentatonic box and just play in D melodic minor. It will sound a lot prettier and less cliche.
Your Majesty | All Lyrics/Melody/Piano/Guitar parts written by me. Please have a listen.