Page 1 of 2
Does anyone know a substance that will make the freezing temperature of water higher . I know salt makes it lower and i was wondering...

Also, this is kind of off-topic but does anyone know any homemade bomb or anything like that will household products recipes or sites ?! Me and my friend are really bored.

PS NOTHING THAT WILL BLOW ME UP

Cheers,
Scott
Quote by scheck006
If UG had rep I'd give it to you.

Quote by zetaspartan2552
sounds like your mom suffers from mental retardation.

Gear:

Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone LP Special
Peavey Special 212 Guitar Amp
Cube-100 Bass Amp
Line 6 Floor Pod
Bongos
Just a little one, with like a pop just for fun... Like a mentos bomb .. Like I said were really bored

Cheers,
Scott
Quote by scheck006

Quote by zetaspartan2552

Gear:

Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone LP Special
Cube-100 Bass Amp
Line 6 Floor Pod
Bongos
Anti freeze will make it freeze at a much lower temperature....given by the name obviously!!

For a good bomb, get an empty water bottle, a chlorine puck used in pools, and 99% rubbing alcohol.

Crush the puck up into small pieces (a big larger than sand) and put about half an inch in the bottom of the water bottle. Then pour the rubbing alcohol in, till the bottle is about 1/3 full. Put the cap on, give it a QUICK shake, then run. You should have about 10 seconds from when you shake it.

This is very loud, and is even more fun when you strap army men to the bottle!! lol. Dont breath in the giant white cloud afterwards. Wait a bit for it to clear.

Another bomb can be made with about 1/3 or a little less of a water bottle of Draino, and then drop a bunch of very small balls made from standard aluminum foil. I reccomend the chlorine/alcohol however.
Quote by It'sForTheBest
Those cameras are really cool. I'm watching a parking lot right now.

Quote by SynGates7X
alright, you need to tell me how you get the shits to come out
Quote by brngbacwudstok
iodine crystals and ammonia....mixed together, they will make something like tose things you throw down and pop....but stronger

and btw...does anyone know where i can get iodine crystals?

Good luck getting ammonia too
Dude your scaring me!
lol
From a guy named Mike
Originally posted by justinhawkins

id knock boots with paris any day, but i bet robert plant has a better-sounding orgasm
Quote by brngbacwudstok
iodine crystals and ammonia....mixed together, they will make something like tose things you throw down and pop....but stronger

and btw...does anyone know where i can get iodine crystals?

Yes, I do actually.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
lol, anyone know the answer to the water question though
Quote by scheck006

Quote by zetaspartan2552

Gear:

Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone LP Special
Cube-100 Bass Amp
Line 6 Floor Pod
Bongos
Baking soda + water = teh fun

Put some baking soda in a small container then add some water and quickly close it. Then throw it away or put it in your mouth
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by sashki
google "anarchists cookbook"

Yeah, there's some good stuff in there.
It's a process, not an event.
steal some Potassium from your school or something, and throw a big chunk of that into some water. Or a little chunk would be safer...
Quote by It'sForTheBest
Those cameras are really cool. I'm watching a parking lot right now.

Quote by SynGates7X
alright, you need to tell me how you get the shits to come out
our school is too poor to have anything science-related :-(
Quote by scheck006

Quote by zetaspartan2552

Gear:

Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone LP Special
Cube-100 Bass Amp
Line 6 Floor Pod
Bongos
Put some hot water in it!
duurrr
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
^I think that was sarcasm, at least, I really hope that was sarcasm

Quote by nobusforharold
lol, anyone know the answer to the water question though

Why do you need this, threadstarter?

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
To make water freeze faster for a rink
Quote by scheck006

Quote by zetaspartan2552

Gear:

Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone LP Special
Cube-100 Bass Amp
Line 6 Floor Pod
Bongos
Well dissolving anything in water will make it's melting point decrease, AFAIK.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
o, well i didnt know.. I knew you could lower the freezing temp. So I was curious to see if you could make it higher
Quote by scheck006

Quote by zetaspartan2552

Gear:

Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone LP Special
Cube-100 Bass Amp
Line 6 Floor Pod
Bongos
my friend told me that if u pit candy corn in root beer it will burst into flames; not sure if its true though, anyone wanna try it?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Yeah you can, but you have to add pressure.

But i think you can make a homemade thermite reaction, which is pretty hot, (4000°ish), but i don't know how.
how do u "add pressure"

EDIT: is thier a vid of this somewhere?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Last edited by C.C. Deville at Jan 27, 2007,
Quote by AC/zeppelin/DC
steal some Potassium from your school or something, and throw a big chunk of that into some water. Or a little chunk would be safer...

dont forget to mention not to touch it with ur bare skin cause as humans being mostly water, that wouldnt be a good thing
all right, anti-freeze will freeze with no water in it at all at like -120. wat will make water freeze at a high temp. hmm, i have no idea. and bombs? lol i aint saying cuz the last on got me in trouble. it made a very loud bang and blew up a frying pan that i found 3 streets to the north of me.
And yes its true and amazing. I have a GF.
Quote by nobusforharold
o, well i didnt know.. I knew you could lower the freezing temp. So I was curious to see if you could make it higher

You can lower the freezing temperature by purifying it. Really pure water can freeze at temperatures as low as -40.

So maybe if you unpurified it and stuck loads of stuff in. . .
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
throw some sodium in a bucket full of water
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Quote by beau05
I'd say country or bluegrass would be pretty difficult, for being inbred is a pre-requisite
With my limited knowledge of chemistry, I don't think (under normal pressure conditions) that there is any substance that would make the freezing temperature higher. Adding a solute to water (in every case I know of) will lower the freezing temperature.

Pure water would freeze at a higher temperature (0 degrees C) than tap water, but not by a lot.
Quote by self-made_page
With my limited knowledge of chemistry, I don't think (under normal pressure conditions) that there is any substance that would make the freezing temperature higher. Adding a solute to water (in every case I know of) will lower the freezing temperature.

Pure water would freeze at a higher temperature (0 degrees C) than tap water, but not by a lot.

Pure water freezes at a lower temperature. I've seen people drink sub-zero water.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
You can lower the freezing temperature by purifying it. Really pure water can freeze at temperatures as low as -40.

So maybe if you unpurified it and stuck loads of stuff in. . .

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of supercooling, which is related to freezing but not the same thing. I guarantee unpurifying water will only raise the freezing point.
Quote by self-made_page
I'm pretty sure you're thinking of supercooling, which is related to freezing but not the same thing. I guarantee unpurifying water will only raise the freezing point.

I had some official scientist guy sit there and tell me that ultra-pure water lowered the freezing point. I sat and watched as people drank sub-zero water because it had been purified. Ice crystals need small bodies to form around, solutes provide an appropriate place for ice crystals to start to form and so the more of them you remove the harder it is for ice crystals to form and the colder it needs to be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freezing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_nucleus

Supercooling is what I'm referring to but it lowers the freezing point.

Oscar Wilde
Last edited by Meths at Jan 27, 2007,
Just to clarify you cant actually lower the freezing point of water, you can just add stuff that changes what you're freezing so it takes longer.

Salt is the only thing I know of though.

Why do you need to do it anyway?

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Page 1 of 2