Budget: 300$ USD
Genre: Hardcore/metalcore/death metal

I'm a total nOOb when it comes to mics so please be patient, I also didnt know what thread to post this in, and I figured this would be my best bet.
Im looking for microphone suggestions for the vocalist of my band, we play metalcore/hardcore so its all screaming, and I was hoping to get suggestions on good mics for that kind of music?

I'd really appreciate some feedback thanks a lot in advance!!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Shure SM58....Best vocal mic I use and know...Shouldent really matter if your metalcore. And for your budget, it's cheap http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Shure-SM58-Mic?sku=270101
Sweeet thats perfect, thanks a lot for getting back to me. Anyone else have any suggestions?
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
The SM58 is a very good choice.

The Audix OM5 is a great choice. It's kind of the standard with many of the big boy live sound guys. It has a little bit better GBF (gain before feedback) which is always an issue with metal bands.

In the studio, I'd probably just use a Shure SM7.

Brandon
Sweet thats two for the SM series, thanks alot for your inputs, I honestly know nothing when it comes to mics. Is there any specs that I should be looking for in a mic, since this is all distorted screams, is there any characterisitcs of a mic I should be looking for?
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Nothin in particular, just remember, unfortunately money buys quality. Check out how to mic feels for you, maybe you don't like the shape or something, take some time out in a shop and check some out. Hope everything works out!
For screaming I'm gonna suggest the SM57 or SM58, both are nearly identically, and it's really personal preference as to which one. I personally would pick an SM57 over a 58 because it doesn't have the big ball capsule and is nice and small.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions, they really helped out!!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
For screaming I'm gonna suggest the SM57 or SM58, both are nearly identically, and it's really personal preference as to which one. I personally would pick an SM57 over a 58 because it doesn't have the big ball capsule and is nice and small.

The reason that "big ball" is there on the Sm58 is to block out the pops. The 57 will have ENORMOUS pops if used on vocals. A screamer would be the worst possible case. I would NEVER use a 57 on a screamer unless you had a pop filter of some kind (which is a lot easier to do in the studio than it is live).

I'm telling you, the Audix OM5 is the one, dude. The Gain Before Feedback alone makes this mic so much easier to deal with in the live setting.

Brandon