Just randomly looking at some Gibson Les pauls and i was woundering what P90 p-ups sound like compared to your standard Gibson Humbuckers???
You're So Scene Right Now ^_^

Quote by Kensai
Finally his girlfriend found out what it was like giving oral sex to fishsmelling genital organs.
I'm not sure as i never played a guitar with p90's but i've been told its like fatter, chunkier single coils.
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

IMO Better. If you go to the gibson custom shop website you can hear a 56' LP compared with a 57'. The 56' to me sounds a lot better, it has a chunkier tone, and without that grating sound that humbuckers have to me (i'm not sure how else to describe it, but some of you probably know what i'm talking about). Also, Pete Townsend used an SG special with p-90s for the earlier Who stuff. Think My Generation.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
kind of halfway between the gibbo humbuckers and a fendery single coil.

dependent on model.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You have a FAB metal pedal and a Randall amp. I'm going to guess you're into high-gain stuff.

Therefore, you'll probably prefer humbuckers to P90s.
^ well spotted, and seconded.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think that raunchy would be a good word to describe them. But as they said^, they aren't meant for high gain. Think vintage rock and roll sounding rather than modern rock sounding.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...