ok so im more into the metallica slayer iron maiden kind of stuff but i was curious about blues... ive never heard blues music and i thought learning some blues stuff on guitar and listening to it would be cool. so any suggestions on blues bands and songs to play?
Definately Eric Clapton. Led Zeppelin has some good bluesy songs too.
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
Definately some BB king. that is blues.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Stevie Ray Vaughan is the perfect guy for blues.

EDIT: Hendrix has tons of awesome blues stuff too.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
As far as electric blues and blues/rock goes you must check out...

Eric Clapton
Cream
Buddy Guy
B.B. King
Albert King
Freddie King
Muddy Waters
T-Bone Walker
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Howlin' Wolf
W.C. Clark
Gary Clark Jr.
Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin
Janis Joplin
Albert Collins
Lou Ann Barton
Junior Wells
Chuck Berry
The list steve provided is great, also if you want a more modern blues song "Death Letter" by The White Stripes is a great song.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
what about a specific song? is there anything where i could start out slow but has a good beat?
Quote by Sound_Garden_X
The list steve provided is great, also if you want a more modern blues song "Death Letter" by The White Stripes is a great song.

Agreed. I forgot about the Stripes. The Black Keys is worth mentioning too.
since i've been loving you from led zeppelin, red house from jimi hendrix, money from pink floyd, those are real cool, they aren't super easy, but they are def. playable
I say Buddy Guy is my favorite blues guitarist. And i used to be into the same music as you. Buddy Guy changed my guitar playing.
Quote by anoceanapart
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Pride and Joy.

That's energy.

Oh I love that song.

Also, I didnt mention this guy before but John Mayer has some really good blues stuff out there. Sure all of the shit he releases is poppy, but thats because the radio likes those shit songs. So check out one of his cds. Either Try! by John Mayer Trio, or As/Is which is a solo one. Those are both live albums, which means it really captures those great blues solos.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
You are a very deprived child if you have never heard the blues

Anyways, like others have said get some SRV, Hendrix, Clapton, or even the Rolling Stones

Once you have listened to those artist,you and a friend learn the 12 bar blues progession and take turns improvising.