Despite common belief, there isn't a single note in the Crossroads Guitar Duel that is sweep picked. It's ENTIRELY alternate picking.

Sweep picking it makes it easier but it is incorrect - it makes the song sound wrong and that isn't how Vai played it.

Where are the mythbusters when you need them?
ooooooooooook.........
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
kthxbye.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Thats intersting to know, cus i learnt it with sweeping. DAMN now i gotta learn again.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Quote by Willin
Despite common belief, there isn't a single note in the Crossroads Guitar Duel that is sweep picked.

Ack-tully, when you think about it, if it's alternate picked, half the notes would be picked in the same direction. So it is half-sweeped.

[/theory of knowledge]
Quote by sashki
Ack-tully, when you think about it, if it's alternate picked, half the notes would be picked in the same direction. So it is half-sweeped.

[/theory of knowledge]

Economy picking anyone?
well that saved me from being the laughing stock of the world...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
well that saved me from being the laughing stock of the world...

nope nothing can save you dave
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by codybcool
Economy picking anyone?

true, thus proving his theory of having knowledge proven incorrect..
^^ heh
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Danno13
No. There are no wrong answers in Theory Of Knowledge. I've tried.

there are RIGHT answers in knowledge if you were to talk to socrates

but dude, who cares hows its picked?
it doesnt make it right or wrong ... do what you feel is better
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by Danno13
Sadly yes.

i will be in two years. though i'm thinking of not, since they don't cater to the 4-music classes and IB type thing.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!