Hey all. So I have a Squier strat and, honestly, its quite lovely. Very smooth and easy to jump around on. My guitar teacher at the time went through all the boxes of Squier strats and sold me the best one, which I'm very grateful for. It plays better then my friends MIM stat does (he even admitted it himself). So heres the deal. It plays great, but the pickups blow. So...should I upgrade my guitar or just put new pups in it? I play a lot of blues and was wondering what some good pups would be for it. I was thinking noisless maybe, but do they have a nice sound? Are they hot? Smooth? What about Tex's? Thanks guys.
EMGs might actually be good, drives tubes harder, assuming you have a tube amp.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
tex's will be great for blues. maybe even getsome vintage noiseless
get rid of that crap dude....buy a ibanez and a good tube amp and you'll have it goin' on.....PERIOD
Quote by Convicted_Man
get rid of that crap dude....buy a ibanez and a good tube amp and you'll have it goin' on.....PERIOD

moron.

do you have anything better to say then get an ibanez?
Yeah an Ibanez playing blues would be like an elephant making love to a frog. Get some texas specials or tex mex's.
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
Quote by Convicted_Man

Why the hell is everyone so obsessed with Ibanez? I seriously hope you were joking. I think we have Noob of the year right here folks.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Look at some GFS pickups at guitarfetish.com especially if your on a tight budget.
Quote by led_zep_00
Yeah an Ibanez playing blues would be like an elephant making love to a frog. Get some texas specials or tex mex's.

What did you expect? 75 percent of UG consists of CFS; crazed ibanez fans.

Honestly threadstarter, it's good if you like the feel of it but...in the long run, I say just get a real fender strat, better yet, american strat.

I don't know too much about single coils, but what amp do you have? Pups barely make a difference on SS.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R