I got a Jackson KingVX10 Flying V guitar recently and decided to restring it as, not only where the strings a different gauge to my usual preferece, the strings had been played alot by customers trying the guitar out and putting it back on the shelf.
So anyway i restrung it and now everytime i tune it each string tunes down two steps everytime i play a string above it, even when i lock it.
Has anyone else ever had this issue? How did u solve it?
cheers
are you twisting the lock up with your fingers or an allen wrench?
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Are you familiar with floyds? 98% of people don't know what their doing and when they restring they don't adjust the claw to parallel the bridge.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
That happens to ibanezs too. I like my jackson better than any guitar ive ever played. but on the subject i would take it to the shop. from your post i cant really tell what the problem is, it sounds to me like you dont know how to tune it.
Quote by Convicted_Man
should have got an ibanez bro....sorry

gtfo the internet. now.
My frend, who knows what hes doing, restrang it for me after i failed and tuned it to drop C so im now using the tuning pegs to get it up to E
i m guessing i need to unlock the trem or use the floyd rose to tune, sumthing along those lines or maybe not cos ure right i dont hav a clue wot im doing, its always time to learn tho

Quote by Convicted_Man
should have got an ibanez bro....sorry

yer thanks for that...
RIght.. You cannot switch tunings or gauges w/out adjusting the camber of the bridge. Once your have the correct bridge level (adjust the claw screws in the trem cavity) and the tuning you want, tighten the nuts. Often the strings will go sharp. Then use the fine tuners to adjust.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
^ check the flyod website ...
it'll teach you
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by joining_heads
RIght.. You cannot switch tunings or gauges w/out adjusting the camber of the bridge. Once your have the correct bridge level (adjust the claw screws in the trem cavity) and the tuning you want, tighten the nuts. Often the strings will go sharp. Then use the fine tuners to adjust.

kk cheers, but lets say for a minute that i have sum problem and i need things to be said in relli simple terms the whole time, almost as if i have no idea wot the camber of the bridge is or the claw screws are
u wudnt mind explaining that age to a person with such a problem wud u? just incase one cums on and reads this

That's the trem cavity, what you want to do is tighten the screws at the top(or loosen, which ever way you need to trem to go depending on gauge, tuning, etc.) So your bridge is parallel to the body of your guitar when in tune.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
ahh i think i get it, i need to lower the bridge to the point where its paralel and the strings are in tune, i see
ill try it and tell u people how it goes
Remember this. ALWAYS!

Spring tension should always be equal to string tension.

Spring tension = String tension