Im looking for a nice delay pedal;
budget: 200$ USD
Genre: Metal/shred/cleans (good for solo'ing and good for cleans)

So far Im looking at:
- Boss DD-20 Giga delay
- EHX Deluxe Memory man
- Line 6 DL-4

I wont be able to try these out for another week, so I was hoping to hear some feedback on these three pedals before I head up to a store.

Which one would (or did) you go with, and why?

Thanks in advance!!!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Last edited by Tensorspencer at Jan 27, 2007,
Isn't the Giga delay by boss?

Anyway, the Line 6 would be the most versatile, as it can simulate many other delays and get tape echo sounds and stuff. I would also recommend the Line 6 Echo Park, which offers a lot of stuff in a compact pedal.
I would go with the Line 6 DL-4 because it's a very user-friendly but versatile pedal. Well it's my favourite delay pedal anyway.
the DL-4 is $250, unless your going used. myabe its a different price in canada (most likely)
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
hahahahahaha ohh god I cant believe I put "digitech DD-20 Gigadelay" Sorry about that, of course its by boss, I dont know what I was thinking.

actually my budget can stretch to 300$, I'd just prefer to stay at 200$, but its all good. Yeah I really like the DL-4 cause it has true bypass(So i've heard) and it has the presets.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Quote by Tensorspencer
hahahahahaha ohh god I cant believe I put "digitech DD-20 Gigadelay" Sorry about that, of course its by boss, I dont know what I was thinking.

actually my budget can stretch to 300$, I'd just prefer to stay at 200$, but its all good. Yeah I really like the DL-4 cause it has true bypass(So i've heard) and it has the presets.

yeah, i own the dl-4 and it is an amazing pedal. you can get any type of delay you want from it, and control the delay time of every model. it's also true bypass. but, if you get the dl-4, you need the line 6 power supply, it eats batteries hXc. my visual one spot didn't work for it.
Quote by yorkshireterror
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Yikes, how much does the line 6 power supply come out to? I heard it needs 12V adaptor, couldnt I just get any 12v?
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
I have the Deluxe Memory Man, and love it. Great analog tones emanate from this thing besides the killer delay. Gentle chorus and vibrato, or powerful, controllable feedback. You can get a wide variety of effects mixing and matching different settings. Pretty, spacey, or satanic.

It's over your budget, though, unless you do what I did and pick up a used one on eBay.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Yeah I'm definitly not ruling out used ones, I'd go for used for sure. So far its 4 for the DL-4 and 1 for the memory man!! I've heard a lot of good about the memory man, so I'll be trying it out for sure.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Quote by Tensorspencer
Yikes, how much does the line 6 power supply come out to? I heard it needs 12V adaptor, couldnt I just get any 12v?

it's $20. you see, that one spot i was talking about IS a 12v adapter, but the plug DOES NOT fit into the hole. so, you HAVE to use the line 6 supply. it's expensive for both these things, but well worth it, IMO
Quote by yorkshireterror

i <3 breakdowns
haha thanks for the warning then, I wouldve been pissed if I picked it up off ebay and had to get a line 6 adapter after I already received it!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded