Page 1 of 2
There are so many people here in these forums who play the usual band instruments, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums, Vocals, Keyboards, etc.

I was wondering what kind of "weird" instruments that some of you play. This basically includes anything you wouldn't see in a normal setup, it could be an Upright Bass to a Balalaika, to a set of Bagpipes.

I play Guitar, Drums, and some Bass. I would like to learn a bit in the way of Sitar, Bagpipes, possibly Violin, and gain some more skill in the Harmonica. I can't at the moment buy the first three, but I certainly want to try for a Sitar sometime.

So what instruments do you folks fiddle with?
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
I play mandolin and euphonium. I'd like to pick up clarinet sometime, just to fiddle with.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
I can play:
Bass (main)
Guitar (mostly chords)
Piano
Flute
A little Cello

You'll decide which of them are weird.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
I want to try a sitar some time.

My guitar teacher has a lap steel guitar that would be pretty cool to play.
Not wierd at all, but Tenor Saxophone.

I like it so much more than guitar.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
i play Trombone. its not that weird.

..but i also play a mean spoons.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Cello and Saxophone.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
I play the Erhu which is like a chinese violin. Lol. Does anyone know what that string instruments called? I think its Hawaiian that like slides a lot. Used on Spongebob lol.

Ps. Im drunk =]
While I'm not as accomplished on these instruments as I am on guitar I do play the clarinet/saxophone, the ukelele, the bodhran and the didgeredoo. I'd like to learn sitar, mandolin, banjo, violin, piano, theremin, shamisen, bouzouki, bagpipes, harmonica, lap steel, pedal steel, different drums (trap set, djembe, tabla, taiko, etc.). I guess I can kind of play the banjo and mandolin although I probably don't play them how you're supposed to.
Last edited by "Tele" Steve at Jan 27, 2007,
Quote by obi500
I play the Erhu which is like a chinese violin. Lol. Does anyone know what that string instruments called? I think its Hawaiian that like slides a lot. Used on Spongebob lol.

Ps. Im drunk =]

Ukelele?
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by obi500

Ps. Im drunk =]

Steel guitar? The only other Hawaiin instrument is the ukelele, but that doesn't use a slide.
Quote by obi500

Ps. Im drunk =]

Ukelele? My friend has one of those and I can play a little bit on it. I looked up scome chords for it one day, it's surprisingly different from Guitar.

i learned the basics of the digeridoo in one night
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
Oh, if anyone can use a Theremin with any decent skill, I have much respect for you. Those look like so much fun.

A Didgeridoo would be nice too...
Last edited by kaptink at Jan 27, 2007,
I can play the brick...

If anyone knows who Bill Bailey (the comedian) is i want to learn how to play that synthesiser thing that he has that has awesome potential
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Quote by Joycey
I can play the brick...

If anyone knows who Bill Bailey (the comedian) is i want to learn how to play that synthesiser thing that he has that has awesome potential

I think you're talking about the theremin. =)
Quote by Joycey
I can play the brick...

Yeah iv seen that, thats ace. I dont know what it is though sorry. My schools got synthesizer that uses a *D-Beam* and it makes sounds as you put your hand closer.
I can play baritone (or euphonium, for those of you who prefer calling it that) and a tiny bit of harmonica and bajo sexto. Bajo sexto is basically a twelve string guitar, but it's tuned and played differently.

The weirdest I get is the Alto Sax...which isn't weird at all.

Wait I can make music by flicking my cheek...does that count?
JPJ(or how I like to call hm,Jonsey),plays a lap steel BASS,that was created by Manson,the guy who created Bellamy's guitar.
penny whistle (not any more though)
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Ukelele ftw. Although you basically know it if you play guitar, it's sturng the opposite of a bass, DGBE.
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Jan 27, 2007,
Page 1 of 2