i'm lookin for some really really solid alt picking exercises, its my weakest thing right now, i can sweep perfectly, i can tap extremely well, but my alt picking lags behind speed wise

i do chromatics a bit now, not that much anymore, i need to get back into them though

and yes i understand that you can wank forever on mindless chromatics and never get anywhere, and i know a lot of theory, but im just looking for something thatll help my alt picking greatly, something that i can work on infinitely, some exercises that i can always push more
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
the solo in bark at the moon has some alternate picking,just use the metronome and keep playing those runs and you'll get good
I have John Petrucci's "Rock Discipline" book, it's really helped my up/down-ing skills.

One of the early licks that I found most useful was as follows:

e------------------------------------444888--------------------------------------------------------
b--------------------------444--------------------444----------------------------------------------
g----------------555----------555----------555----------555----------------------------------------------
d------666----------666------------------------------666---------666-------------------------------------
a-----------666-------------------------------------------------666--------------------------------
e-444--------------------------------------------------------------------444-----------------------

EDIT just FYI, fret that like a barre chord, and play it on different frets too.
As Danno said, thats a great exercise
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER