I know how to do them, but they don't sound like killswitch engage and bands like that. Does anyone know how come theirs sound so full and "squealy?" Would a compressor pedal do the job or do i need active pickups so they sound like that?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
they use a lot of vibrato on their pinches. that might be it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, it's just that mine sound really dull, but it's not the vibrato.

Could it be the pick ups or your guitar not sure, but I know that when I switch from my ESP F-100 to my friends Schecter's Omen 6 the pinch harmonics sound a lot better on his guitar through the same amp.
"Be it a rock or a grain of sand, in water they sink as the same."
Nah, similar bands use pinch harmonics without vibrato and it still has that full and "squealy" sound. I have this problem too. I think it has to do with the equipment.
if it's not your technique, I guess it's your amp and pickups.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
so..if it's the pickups, would getting a duncan jb for the bridge do the trick? or maybe an emg 85?

^ i said amp and pickups. not just pickups.

ergo, what amp and pickups do you have? also, what guitar?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^

Well, if it's any help, if you ever run into a guy on the forums named "Tus_Madres_LOLZ", he can pull off the craziest PH's I have ever heard, almost identical to Zak's.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
and when you are doing them try putting your picking hand in different places on the string. most of the time you can get a more squealing sound by picking closer to the bridge as well.
Quote by _Mayday_
Some people paint masterpieces, other say cunt alot.

Quote by WantToLearn
Hi... i was biking with my guitar and it fell in a puddle of mud, i was like OH MAN and i whent home immediately and put it in a bucket of water