Gibson Les Paul Special faded($1129 CDN) or Gibson Les Paul Studio($1349 CDN). Right now I am leaning towards the LP Studio. Although they both use the same humbuckers and such, I am leaning towards the LP Studio. I like the finish on it and the inlays on the fretboard. What do you guys think?
have you tried out all the other guitars in the same price range? EDIT: what's your amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
have you tried out all the other guitars in the same price range? EDIT: what's your amp?

I am only interested in Gibson, no other brand. My amp is just a little Marshall MG10.
Quote by thedude051
I am only interested in Gibson, no other brand. My amp is just a little Marshall MG10.

I'm not meaning to be rude or critical, but why only Gibson? Just wondering.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Quote by zorched
I'm not meaning to be rude or critical, but why only Gibson? Just wondering.

This is going to sound stupid, but I like Gibson because I just like their style, tone, and my heroes use them.(Zack Wylde, Slash etc.) No other guitar brand really appeals to me, even though they may be a better value etc. I just want a LP.
what amp do you use, what style of music do you play, and have you tried both. i play metal and rock, and i really liked the studio. but we need more details.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Quote by Pacifica112J
Fork out the extra cash and get the Studio.

My thoughts exactly. I'll be more happy in the end if I do.
Quote by thedude051
This is going to sound stupid, but I like Gibson because I just like their style, tone, and my heroes use them.(Zack Wylde, Slash etc.) No other guitar brand really appeals to me, even though they may be a better value etc. I just want a LP.

Gotcha. Thats an acceptable reason. If its the LP style you want you might try looking up some high end Agile reviews. Excellent copies.

I'd also suggest you get a better amp before going Gibson. Its an extreme waste to get such a nice (and expensive) guitar while using an MG 10watt.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Quote by punk_rocker101
what amp do you use, what style of music do you play, and have you tried both. i play metal and rock, and i really liked the studio. but we need more details.

I use a little Marshall MG10. I play mostly rock and metal also, and a little blues.
Quote by thedude051
My thoughts exactly. I'll be more happy in the end if I do.

Yep. The Studio has a better finish, better hardware, etc.

The only thing the Faded beats it at is the pickups. It has Burstbuckers.
Quote by zorched
Gotcha. Thats an acceptable reason. If its the LP style you want you might try looking up some high end Agile reviews. Excellent copies.

I'd also suggest you get a better amp before going Gibson. Its an extreme waste to get such a nice (and expensive) guitar while using an MG 10watt.

I would fork out the extra cash for a new amp....but my parents won't let me crank the one i have now, so I don't think I would be getting the full use if I bought a new one.
Quote by thedude051
I use a little Marshall MG10. I play mostly rock and metal also, and a little blues.

in that case, the studio would work great for you, but also look for a new amp. MG's are ghetto.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Quote by thedude051
I would fork out the extra cash for a new amp....but my parents won't let me crank the one i have now, so I don't think I would be getting the full use if I bought a new one.

You don't buy a new amp just for more power.

Could I suggest one of these?

Hartke 60 Watt Head

Hartke 100 Watt Head

I can't really vouch for their quality, but that's a hell of a lot of power for cheap. Hell, they even have tube preamps.
Quote by thedude051

that's fine. I think you should upgrade your amp though, get a low wattage tube amp (5 watts or less).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's fine. I think you should upgrade your amp though, get a low wattage tube amp (5 watts or less).

i agree. Get something quiet, but that sounds better than an MG. Maybe you could go for a Valve Junior and and a nice overdrive (perhaps the zakk wylde od since you like him)
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
^ problem is, if he can't crank an mg10, he probably can't crank a VJ either. I'd advise something with a master volume, or an even lower wattage tube amp.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ problem is, if he can't crank an mg10, he probably can't crank a VJ either. I'd advise something with a master volume, or an even lower wattage tube amp.

Thats true. I guess he could go hybrid with a Vox AD, simply so he has a more realistic overdrive than an MG.

EDIT:

I say AD because of the wattage control.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Quote by thedude051

You might want to get a new amp soon. Because the amp accounts for most of your tone, and a crappy amp can make even the best guitar in the world sound like junk.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton