hey man were both called matt and we both have fender teles and swift basses. dun dun DUN
Quote by matttt
hey man were both called matt and we both have fender teles and swift basses. dun dun DUN

but do you have a cool sig ?
POST FINDER
^lol. The Russian is much more harsh sounding and more aggressive IMO. The NYC is smoother.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
lots of people say that there is an inherent, huge difference in sound. it's not just an ear-to-ear difference, though. the USA reissues are quality controlled better than the Russians. the reason that SOME Russian reissues sound more harsh is the difference in the parts. i've owned two Russians and an American. i'm using the USA in my rig now simply because it's a litte more reliable and has a power adaptor. but, as someone who's owned both, you'll get a lot more variation in the way the Russian ones sound compared to each other than you will the USA's.
I like a bit of Russian Muff.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
^yeh, I like the harsh sounds more too
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
I've got a Russian Muff, it's great, but only with a boost, not really on its own, but too bassy.

The USA one is a bit more fuzzy.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The russian one IMO sounds abit darker (and everyone else has said, harsher)

But its all personal preference.
Damn.. haven't tried the Russion one.... but the USA was harsh....
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!