i am using a ds-2 as my main distortion and sd-1 as an overdrive but the problem is with a solo booster after my ds-2, at the moment i am using a ultradist as one but its poo. i am thinking about getting a ds-1 as a booster. What do ya think?
Signal will go like this:
tuner-noisesuppressor-amp
send- compressor-wah-sd1-ds2-ud100-ce3-multifx-return
the send and return is from the nosie supressor!
the ud100 is the booster at the mo

cheers
Quote by yawn
Don't tell anyone, but I like to kill Smurfs.

Gear:
Fender special edition lite ash tele
Sound City 30w tube amp
GCB-95 crybaby MODDED!
TU100
CE3
OD3
EHX Little Big Muff
DS2
That's...... alot of stuff. but i guess after uve got your amp on stage and all that stuff you MIGHT be able to preform if you al stand on your tip toes(thats if you do gigs if you dont then ITS STANGE THAT YOUR GONNA USE ALL THAT STUFF FOR PRACTICE)GET A EFFECTS BORED its a billion effects in 1
I don't think the DS-1 is very good as a booster. But it could work if you turn the gain down and the volume up. I'd likely recommend something like a Tubescreamer or Boss Blues Driver.
I wouldn't bother - you can't boost a modelling amp in that way, the extra distortion just casues interference. Use an EQ or clean boost, or best - get a new amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
how about a volume pedal
Quote by yawn

Gear:
Sound City 30w tube amp
GCB-95 crybaby MODDED!
TU100
CE3
OD3
EHX Little Big Muff
DS2
i would personally just forget all that stuff and go

Guitar->tuner->EQ pedal->Noise suppressor (if needed)->Amp

You DO have a cube, don't really need more distortion... >.> Unless you're looking for different sounds.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
what model is like the ds-1 and if i got an eq where would i put it?
Quote by yawn

Gear:
Sound City 30w tube amp
GCB-95 crybaby MODDED!
TU100
CE3
OD3
EHX Little Big Muff
DS2
Boss DS-1's are pretty good for boosts. Just cranck up the level, but don't put too much distortion or it'll come out muddy.
have u tried it? cheers if i did get the ds-1 i would probably have 0-1 amounts of dist
Quote by yawn

Gear:
Sound City 30w tube amp
GCB-95 crybaby MODDED!
TU100
CE3
OD3
EHX Little Big Muff
DS2
Last edited by peersie at Jan 28, 2007,
DS1's are crap for boosts, as they are way too high-gain. Even with gain turned down all the way.
Boss DS-1's are pretty good for boosts. Just cranck up the level, but don't put too much distortion or it'll come out muddy.

You can use them to boost a normal tube or SS amp (although with the sound becomes unusable) and it works pretty well if you want a bit od extra dirt...but you can't do it with a modeller, the circuitry takes the incoming signal and tries to convert it into the sound you've asked for. If you give it a distorted signal you'r basically giving it crap to work with and as a result crap comes out.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You can use them to boost a normal tube or SS amp (although with the sound becomes unusable) and it works pretty well if you want a bit od extra dirt...but you can't do it with a modeller, the circuitry takes the incoming signal and tries to convert it into the sound you've asked for. If you give it a distorted signal you'r basically giving it crap to work with and as a result crap comes out.

You could always 'crap' the modelled signal. Besides, isn't it better to have the boost closer to the end of the chain, to boost other effects too?