Since you have a starter guitar, putting better pickups in it woudn't really help you.

I would sugesst a new guitar seeing as you have a decent practice amp.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
since you play emo, you should get pick-ups that have a built in knife for slashing your wrists when you play.
Tone Zone isn't a neck pickup in a million years, if you want to shred then the Evo's good, otherwise you'd be better with the Tone Zone in the bridge and an Air Norton in the neck.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
it's not really a starter guitar, it's more middle-ish intermediate...it's not a GRG from the stupid tour pack things. Also, to the guy who said the joke about the emo stuff...**** you

i watched a guy on youtube with the Tone Zone in the neck, with the Evo in the bridge and it sounded amazing...and i don't play lead anyway, but i need something for harmonzing guitars, that's why i'd get the tonezone
Last edited by dudey5691 at Jan 27, 2007,
Seriously, don't put a Tone Zone in the neck - it'll sound like crap, it's a pretty bassy pickup as is, put it in the neck and it'll go to mud. And I don't get what you meant by..

and i don't play lead anyway, but i need something for harmonzing guitars, that's why i'd get the tonezone
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Breed neck model is a better bet, but I don't quite understand why you're so set on the Evolution...it's a very clear, trebly pickup, it's fantastic for shredders because it stands out. However, that's not usually what you want in a band situation - yes you want to be able to cut through when soloing but you also want the band to have a coherent sound, the Evo doesn't do that too well...it ALWAYS stands out!

Pair of Breeds is good if you think your tone's lacking in warmth, if you're dead set on Evo's then the best bet is to get a bridge/neck pair.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

oh, ok that makes things a lot clearer now. So basically the breeds will give me the sound i'm looking for, but the Evo's will emphasize that and make it more noticable/annoying (not saying it will be annoying, but you get the point)?

i also know my amp sucks for gigging, but i use a tube amp the majority of the time anyway for gigs. By "sound" i mean like the sound on "bat country" during the guitar duet. I know i wouldn't get exactly, because i know i need a better amp if i want that, but will the Breeds be able to give that tone that resembles it?

or is that just because they're playing Schecters...?
Last edited by dudey5691 at Jan 27, 2007,
Evo's would be a nightmare for a sloppy player like me - they're extremely clear and extremely sensitive, and therefore not very forgiving. Some players like them because you have to tidy up your playing if you use them, i can't quite bring myself to be that mean to myself though...

The Breeds have a more balanced sound, warmer and with more lower midrange...you can get the bridge to scream if you want, but it doesn't insist on doing it all the time
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

what do you guys think of maybe a PAF Pro in the neck?
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.