I have an AL-2000 and absolutely love mine. Everyone says "Don't buy any model below the 3000... blah, blah, blah - "

Screw that - the 2000 is a fine AX - my Black Beauty ROARS! I may do a pick-up change eventually but even the stock HB's are not bad at all on my old tube amps. ACTION, LOOKS, PLAYABILITY, ETC - it's everything any copy should be and for a whole lot less. Screw Epi's and their bloated prices - screw Edwards, Tokai, etc too, - hell they're copies and shouldn't cost almost as much as the real deal.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Jan 27, 2007,
I'd say save your cash & look else where for a quality guitar.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Save up another hundred and get a MIM strat. At least, that's what I'd do. I've no personal experience with Agile, so don't ask me. It's a pretty controversial matter.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál