My uncle sent me a Jackson Dk2 Dinky for my birthday. I know this may sound stupid, but as I was tuning it, the high E broke and I'm having trouble finding where to put in the new strings.

I also need to know what strings Jacksons use, I'm used to playing a Fender Strat :$
Just normal strings..
Any typical Guitar strings will work..
chances are its either strung with 9's or 10's...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I figured out how to put the strings in, but they're strung with strings with cube rectangular ends, not the steel bullet ends my Strat uses
I think that it doesn't matter what the shape of the end of the string.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
so ,how does it sound ,is it good ?

im getting one one as soon as i finish collecting money for it ,200$ left
Wolv
It's a great guitar. Basically all in the neck, strings were set a bit too close so when you play the lower notes, especially on the lower strings, their vibration hits the other frets so you get this background sound, not much of a problem when you're using an amp.

Hells Bell, it does matter what the shape of the end of the string is, cause my steel ball end strings don't fit :$
well... if they don't have ball ends.. just cut off the ball ends on your normal strings, feed them into the floyd, and tighten the string lock.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
just put them on backwards, with the ball end in the tuning machine, and cut some of it off so it locks well and you don't have to turn it a million times to get it up to tune.

nice choice of guitar, needs new pickups, though.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
just put them on backwards, with the ball end in the tuning machine, and cut some of it off so it locks well and you don't have to turn it a million times to get it up to tune.

nice choice of guitar, needs new pickups, though.

yeah thats how i re tuned my jackson dk2m pro =]]]] its a beast
Yeah, the rectangualr things are usually called blocks. You have to loosen it in the back of the saddle with an allen wrench. Cut the ball-end of the string then place the string into the saddle, then tighten it with the allen wrench. Give it a few tugs to make sure you got it in place.
My DKMG came with 9's so thats what I use. If you change the gauge, you change the tension on the Floyd. I prefer Ernie Ball super slinkys.
Duct tape. I need it for... taping something.
Quote by Johnnyzzz
It's a great guitar. Basically all in the neck, strings were set a bit too close so when you play the lower notes, especially on the lower strings, their vibration hits the other frets so you get this background sound, not much of a problem when you're using an amp.

Hells Bell, it does matter what the shape of the end of the string is, cause my steel ball end strings don't fit :$

you need to cut the ball ends off silly goose
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
I use Elixer's, I've had a lot of success with them. And also, you may want to loosen your tension if it's breaking when you're tuning it. I mean, how are you supposed to do bends when it's breaking like that?
Quote by i_baked_cookies
Jackson DK2M = sweet guitar. Mine is white...

mines black, an yes it is very nice =]