Im tired of the not very good tone of the amp i have now..so recommend me a new one.

kthxbye.

PS: I play metal (Anthrax, Sabbath, Exodus), and blues/classic rock (rush, BB King, Cream)..Budget of about...mmm..700 CAD..give or take?

?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

im not sure of the exact model..it says Samick on it, and where all the dials are it says "Vanguard" on the left and "LA40R" on the right

its 11 years old..SS..and im pretty sure its a starter amp..kinda like how they put the MG's in packs with guitars now..well..im petty sure thats what this was.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by electric7
Transtube Bandit 112 by Peavey. best amp around.

Im pretty sure it is but just out of curiosity is that a valve amp?
Quote by electric7
Transtube Bandit 112 by Peavey. best amp around.

+1
Quote by Sora 01
Its a hybrid which means in basic terms...no But its one of the best hybrids i didint mind it

kk thanks. Is this also a hybrid please?
Last edited by david_safc at Jan 27, 2007,
You should be able to get a used Marshall JCM combo for that kind of money, and yes they are all tube and miles ahead of the Valveking or the Transtube.
Quote by cokeisbetter
Nope. Valveking's all tube.

wow seems incredibly cheap. Do you know if they are any good?
Never actually tried one, so I can't really say. I have, however, heard that they can sometimes be unreliable. Don't make a decision on it until you actually play one, though, cos that's the best way to know if it's right for you.
valve king is a hassle in a box...I know tons of people that it didn't last...and I dont like the tone, but some do....

anyways if your going hybrid, the Vox AD series is worth looking into, and I dont know how much canadian dollars is to us, but I've seen 800s for 1 grand, and 900s for 600-800....USD...

a old JCM would be my opinion
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
Quote by Sora 01
Its a hybrid which means in basic terms...no But its one of the best hybrids i didint mind it

Its not a hybrid. its fully solid state. probably just named transtube so people would buy it and peavey tried making an ss sounds like a tube amp.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V30H-30-Watt-Tube-Head?sku=487827

What about that?...its a Crate 30W all tube head..and then i would buy some sort of cab to go with it.

what about that one?..30W tube is pretty much perfect for what i need. Anyone tried this? IT looks really good..if not, i can add an OD pedal and get some pretty metal tones couldnt i?

maybe i should just save a little cash by buying a Roland Cube 60
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn