Hi, My birthday is coming up soon, and I've been playing guitar for almost a year now. I have an Epiphone SG Special and an Epiphone Studio 10S amp. I would like to get a better amp because I really don't like the tone. I use a BOSS DS-1 for distortion if it matters.

I play-
Classic Rock (Clapton, Rush, Boston)
Some Metal (Maiden, Megadeth, Sabbath)
Punk (Alkaline Trio, Ramones, Refused)
Modern Rock (SOAD, White Stripes)

Price range I guess would be 80-120 dollars...

If this isnt possible to get at least a decent one in this price range i need to know that too
Gear-
Cherry Epiphone SG Special
Vox AD30
Boss DS-1
Add about another 100 to 150 and you can get a Vox AD30. It's what I use and it's pretty good for the price.
Quote by Sick_Boy
Add about another 100 to 150 and you can get a Vox AD30. It's what I use and it's pretty good for the price.

+1
The Stuff!
yeh, you're gunna have to save a bit. i can highly recommend the vox ad30vt as i have the 50w version and i can get it to do everything u want. awesome amp
well you can check out roland cube20x.its only 20watts but i guess its much closer to your price range,about 160 online.though i haven't tried it personally,but i have read many good reviews about it
Within that price range i don't think you will find a decent one. Do you really need those 30watt? Are you gonna use it only for bedroom practice or for some little gig with your friends?.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
I think you should get the Vox AD30. That amp is amazing. I should know I play with a Epiphone SG Special plus the AD30 everyday which is your exact future rig(well if you listen to all the ppl here.)
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
Well i think this one is the best you can get for really low at 199.99 it alredy comes with some effects you may find in handy look aka here
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by Line6
Well i think this one is the best you can get for really low at 199.99 it alredy comes with some effects you may find in handy look aka here

Dunno. Don't trust a man whose username is the same brand he recommends to you.
lol.... Line6 sucks...(pun intended)

I'd say vox would be your best bet.... my guess is it'd be hard to get a woman tone out of a cube, and those are really your 2 options below a couple hundred...
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
ahh dammit, alright. guess i'll have to wait a bit for the money situation, and i'll look at that vox. thanks peeps
Gear-
Vox AD30
Boss DS-1
You can go for a line 6 30 wat amp... they r prety good and only aboyt $149. i have one it comes with 4 preset channles Clean, Crunch, Metal, and Insane. i love it. you should give it a try.
Quote by Rock Savior
lol.... Line6 sucks...(pun intended)

I'd say vox would be your best bet.... my guess is it'd be hard to get a woman tone out of a cube, and those are really your 2 options below a couple hundred...

where's the pun?
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by staticoverdub
where's the pun?

He is saying Line6 and Line 6 suck
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by staticoverdub
where's the pun?

The user's name was also Line6.

Anyways, either the Vox or Cube 30. I'd say the Cube has mildly better distortion and a more intelligent effects setup whereas the Vox is a little better clean.
touche. i'd get a hughes & kettner, as big as you can afford. if you're in the us, you could probably snag a blue 30 off ebay if you're lucky.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
line 6= never

never
i hate those things
Gear-
Vox AD30
Boss DS-1