19 24%
mesa
60 76%
Voters: 79.
yeah i just wanted to know what people thought are the better amp/cab company

cause i might consider getting one of them, i play hardcore/grindcore music
They sound different; you can't quantitatively say that one is better

However I like Mesas
i own a mesa triple recto, better than ANY marshall ive played, for all types of music IMO.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
put this in the other guitar gear forum....

What mesa and marshall models you talking about because there both otally diffrent amps.

Mesa would be for more modern metal to metallica

Marshall would be for more cleans to classic rock or megadeth old tones.
altho depends what u wants
For hardcore and grindcore you definitely want a Mesa. A Marshall would be more if you were into classic rock etc.
I'll dispute that last point

Mesa makes more than just the Recto series, you know.

And even the Recto's (particularly the triple) can be setup for awesome spanky high-headroom cleans
do you think mesa is a good company for hardcore music??(like the best?)

or is there any other companies you woulod suggest?
^ i definately like mesa for almost any kind of music. i have a johnson fat strat copy, and the mesa makes it sound good for anything from jazz to heavy metal. i love my triple recto, and i got a great deal on it used.
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Lots of good amps around, you really have to try as many as you can, and see which you prefer best. I personally just got my first decent amp, Hughes & Kettner Switchblade head and 4x12, and i love it over any marshall or mesa i've played so far, but more because of it's built in midi and patches as well as the punchy valve sound.
I think instead of taking this by brand you should deal with actual amps

The recto series and the mark IV are currently high gain standards, as are high end line-6

and boutique shi like bogner and deizel
mesa and marshalls are quite different. i have a mark iv which i love but im GASing for a splawn quickrod hehe. no one amp can do everything but the mark iv does cover a lot of ground.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Quote by Zedzeppelin@2
or is there any other companies you woulod suggest?

Diezel?
I have to say, i dig Mesa more.. the only good marhsall I've played was a JCM800... the 900, DSL, and TSL IMO are really lacking.

Of course, I dig the Mesa Rectifier (but alas, I really despise the Diamond Plating) the nomad, and tones I've heard from mark IV's.. I've yet to play a Mark IV, but out of the Rectifier and the Nomad, I much preferred the Nomad, sadly Mesa didn't, and its now discontinued..
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Nomad \m/

quality amplification right thur

Not a perfect match for grindcore, I guess maybe the 100 with the 6l6s and the graphic eq could handle it though
Quote by Nick_
I think instead of taking this by brand you should deal with actual amps

The recto series and the mark IV are currently high gain standards, as are high end line-6

and boutique shi like bogner and deizel

Framus Cobras also sound damn amazing
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
yah, the 100 w/ EQ can handle virtually anything.

Glad to see another Nomad fan.
You a user?

45 2x12 right here

I'm considering naming her I love her so much
Mesas. I hate Marshalls after seeing a band called Colossus. The lead guitarist had a marshall head and two cabinets. He had to turn it up sooo loud to get the hXc sound he wanted.
Member of the "Guitarists Born in 1991 Club". PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Dean Guitars.
i tried one of the marshalls at guitar center a while ago, such a dry, bland tone, even on the highest gain channel. it was one of the DSL combos. i also tried the AVT half stack, i liked it even more than the DSL, which isnt a good thing for marshall tube amps. all the employees there taht i talked to also told me they perfer mesa to marshall, for some added feedback if it helps you.
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Mesa, no contest.

Quote by gdawg5758
How much do Mesa Triples usually run? Doubles?

Usually about $2200-$2700 canadian. The cabs alone are about $1050.
Quote by Nick_
You a user?

45 2x12 right here

I'm considering naming her I love her so much

Not at the moment,
But I'm considering one, especially camping on Ebay for one, they go pretty cheap...
but the only 100 w/ EQ is in brown.. which isn't my thing...
well I like the 45 because I'm a big fan of the el-84 power section (most notably found in the vox ac30, among others)

But I know many people tend to prefer the 6l6s of the bigger 55 and 100, and with the 100 you get the graphic equalizer (which is good, because the mesa treb/mid/bass eqs function nothing like an actual eq, so you'll want a graphic eq for it if you don't get a mesa with a graphic)

extremely versatile, hella well built (she's built like a brick sh1thouse tbh)
Mesa, especially if you want the same sh1tty generic grindcore tone that every other band has.
^ mesa doesnt have shitty tone, nor do grindcore bands. some grindcore bands have bad tone, but not all......
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Quote by Nick_
well I like the 45 because I'm a big fan of the el-84 power section (most notably found in the vox ac30, among others)

But I know many people tend to prefer the 6l6s of the bigger 55 and 100, and with the 100 you get the graphic equalizer (which is good, because the mesa treb/mid/bass eqs function nothing like an actual eq, so you'll want a graphic eq for it if you don't get a mesa with a graphic)

extremely versatile, hella well built (she's built like a brick sh1thouse tbh)

woah, thanks for telling me, I didn't even notice they had different power tubes.
the 6l6 ones have a bias switch so you can put el34s in but that's not the same to me

although it would be cool to get the 100 for the graphic eq and use thd yellowjackets to convert it to el84 spec

hmmm

I'm just addicted to the feel of them 84s
Quote by Nick_
the 6l6 ones have a bias switch so you can put el34s in but that's not the same to me

although it would be cool to get the 100 for the graphic eq and use thd yellowjackets to convert it to el84 spec

hmmm

I'm just addicted to the feel of them 84s

rad..
I really like the Graphic EQ's on mesa's though, So I'm gonna keep camping out on Ebay for one...

Got any clips of yours?
Quote by punk_rocker101
i tried one of the marshalls at guitar center a while ago, such a dry, bland tone, even on the highest gain channel. it was one of the DSL combos. i also tried the AVT half stack, i liked it even more than the DSL, which isnt a good thing for marshall tube amps. all the employees there taht i talked to also told me they perfer mesa to marshall, for some added feedback if it helps you.

I'll agree with the fact that the DSL combo is not good at all. But of course the employees will prefer Mesa to marshall, mesas are much more expensive meaning they'll make more money selling Mesas than most of the marshalls in stock.
^ they didnt have any mesas in stock at all.
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Get a diezel, its a combo of mesa and marshall when i played. LOL but u have to save up alot.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Check out some Peaveys if you want the hardcore sound. Countless bands use them for high-distortion shtuff... Atreyu, Bullet For My Valentine, etc.... I have an ad that lists quite a few, but I have no idea where it is. Safe to say, check out the 6505 or XXX head. See what you think.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
Quote by sylent
Get a diezel, its a combo of mesa and marshall when i played. LOL but u have to save up alot.

I'd rather have a VHT or Bogner...
I'm amazed you're not looking at randles.

I envy you, I'd love to be shopping with you right now, because you obviously have money to spend on making a lot of noise, and that's always fun in a guitar shop.

Go into a shop with a good soundproof amp vault, bring in the guitar that you'll be using on stage and tell the staff that you need to test out some ****ing loud stacks under gig conditions. Don't take our word for it, go and blast the paint off the walls. If they understand you have cash to spend, they won't mind you testing out everything.

When the car alarms across the street start going off, buy that one.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard