Page 1 of 5
I acnowledge soccer takes skill, but it's stupid. I like sports where it's awarded when you hit people (hockey, football)

kicking a ball around for an hour when there's a combined 2 minutes of excitement doesn't exactly entertain me.

EDIT: okey, after WATCHING the video, i must say, that was awesome, but lets see that in a game
Nikolas
Last edited by ROCK=ZEPPELIN at Jan 27, 2007,
Bouncing a ball up and down isn't skill. What Ronaldinho does in that video doesn't win games. Scoring goals in every game and winning matches is a skill.
It's big in the UK through tradition. ^^

Same in other countries, like Brazil. Brazilians tend to be intensely good at it because the kids got nothing better to do.

Besides, some people don't like the contact. I like fast pace, so rugby and basketball does it for me.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Doesn't change the fact that it's boring as hell.

How is it boring compared to say, baseball? basketball? Football?
Futbol is ****ing awesome. This summer was one of the best times of my life cause all my buddies and I watched pretty much every match of the World Cup. We'd go out to a sports bar and get lunch and yell and cheer and shit with everyone else. It was fantastic.

And some people may find it boring, and I understand that. But I, for one, find it mesmerizing and incredible.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
I don't get it... if he's that damn good at kicking a ball, howcome he doesn't make more goals? Hmmmm....
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Dæmönika
Bouncing a ball up and down isn't skill. What Ronaldinho does in that video doesn't win games. Scoring goals in every game and winning matches is a skill.

+ set pieces, formation and organisation.
Quote by ROCK=ZEPPELIN
I acnowledge soccer takes skill, but it's stupid. I like sports where it's awarded when you hit people (hockey, football)

kicking a ball around for an hour when there's a combined 2 minutes of excitement doesn't exactly entertain me.

EDIT: okey, after WATCHING the video, i must say, that was awesome, but lets see that in a game

just watch barcelona play...that stuff happens only by the greatest
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by Craigo
+ set pieces, formation and organisation.

Yes to organisation. You don't need the other two to win games. I'd actually put formation under organisation.
Quote by scheck006

there all boring too.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Quote by Liarsenic12
there all boring too.

Yet they are the most popular american sports, which is what my argument was hinging on.
I'm not American, but i do agree that soccer takes skill... acting skill that is!!

But that was a cool video and I've got no disrespect for soccer
Quote by Dæmönika
"Bouncing a ball up and down" takes a lot of skill. It doesn't contribute anything to the actual game, but doing it at Ronaldinhos level takes truckloads of skill.

Anyhow, the video was awesome. Ronaldinho always seems so happy and cheerful, unlike a lot of other soccer players.
lol, did i just see him kick the ball down, and then kick it back up?...holy crap that guys good.
Soccer take an amazing amount of talent. Its the type of game that is fun to play, but watching it just doesn't do it for me. I like to hear about the games and see the highlights but thats about it.

I really think they need t play on a smaller field.
epic7734
Quote by Craigo
It's big in the UK through tradition. ^^

Same in other countries, like Brazil. Brazilians tend to be intensely good at it because the kids got nothing better to do.

Besides, some people don't like the contact. I like fast pace, so rugby and basketball does it for me.

Hockey = Fast Pace.

Football is awesome though.
Quote by scheck006

All sports are boring, it's just a matter if you like them or not. Some people love baseball, others don't. I like NFL Football, some don't. Hockey is still better than the rest. :]

/canadian
Looks like luck to me
Quote by thesublime
duarte, you're a jerk.

Quote by Ollie Led Zep
Hmm...a fugly, bimbo, blonde, rich, boring, mooching, waste of blood and organs, d*ck munching, talentless, sponging c*nt in prison?

One down...
Quote by scheck006

Why is it that the rest of the world thinks that Americans hate football? And it's football, not soccer, ok. We all know ANY sport requires skill and that they are just as fun to play as any other sport as long as you're having fun yourself. Sheesh. I love football too btw.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Generalize some more, asshole

He didn't generalize at all, he simply said to all the people that don't think Soccer takes skill, and that are also American, come look into this thread.
Quote by powerpiker
its still gay

Shut up.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
I only watch football to see england get overhyped then **** up.
Quote by The Casualty
All sports are boring, it's just a matter if you like them or not. Some people love baseball, others don't. I like NFL Football, some don't. Hockey is still better than the rest. :]

/canadian

+1

Purely by preference I like to.... Watch baseball

...Play Hockey...

But overall I think sports in general are boring. But I'm a techie, not a jock, so that's to be expected . I never fully understood why so many people are drawn to their TV to watch a bunch of other people play a game.

Though I do know people who play soccer, and I know enough about the game to know it takes as much skill as any other pro sport. Who said it didn't in the first place?
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I don't really like American sports, or any sport other than fishing for that matter, but I respect Soccer players, their sport is tough as hell.

(I'm American.)

'Soccer' as you say is an English sport.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Doesn't change the fact that it's boring as hell.

+10 exatctly. Hockey pwns "futboll"
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by kidsilcon
'Soccer' as you say is an English sport.

Well, English and just about every other country's, too.
Quote by Rambo-Conny
Ah, yes, that is always good fun.

I much prefer Ice Hockey and Rugby as they are both far more exciting.
im aussie. soccer takes skill, but the lack of contact makes it incredibly boring to watch. as does the lack of scoring. much prefer AFL, cricket, rugby (league&union), basketball & grid iron (in that order)
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Page 1 of 5