Page 1 of 2
I realize that the music is mainly what is on your mind, but a lot of the time I think about other things as well, like movies or people or love or what ever else. It's kind of hard to explain, but my mind sort of splits what it's thinking about. It's not a subconcious thing, because I'm fully aware of what I'm thinking about, but I'm thinking about two things at once.

So what do you UGers thing about while you play?
What im going to do next.
Equipment

• Shecter 006 Deluxe
  • Line 6 Spider II 30
  • Harmony Acoustic
  • Dunlop GCB-95 Wah-Wah Pedal
  • Zoom 707 II

Favorite Guitar Player(s)

• Eric Clapton
  • Brian May
  • Jack White
all the hot girls in the venue
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
if im making a song i'll think about specific things and try to put it through my playing... other times i just play and my mind kinda goes blank and i just enjoy it.
when the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace - jimi hendrix
My mind wanders while I play. I think about friends, school work, family.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
i havnt a clue, after a set, it feels like it only lasted a few seconds, i remember playing and stuff but i dont really have insight on what im thinking, its just playing music and thats it.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Depends on what I'm playing, if it requires concentration or skill then its the notes, tone and timing. If its easy and I'm going with flow then i think of lyrics I could put with it (if it's my own composition.)
when i listen to a good song my mind sort of like visits another universe (sorta hard to put it to words)
How I restringed my guitar incorrectly and now it's making tons of fret buzz.

But the next set of strings will take care of that problem, no doubt.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
I'm kind of out of it. I just focus on the song, and playing it right.

It's weird, though. I can play, but listen to conversation. I can't understand it.

I wish I could move more when I was moving as well, and I would think about other stuff maybe (different situations bring different thoughts). Like if I could headbang, or just walk around without screwing up, it might be more intersting.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I don't think..it just usually all flows together, than I remember bits and pieces of a show afterwards.
Get off my lawn.
My mind goes all blank usually, and often times I forget to close my mouth, which leads to drool... yes its pretty sad
i am usually just thinking about guitars..... and how bad i am playing the solo.....

and how good i am at rythym..

yea

and sometimes my mind goes completely blank... and i look like a zombie...
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Well it depends on what I'm doing. If its easy and I have most of it commited to muscle memory then I jsut wander thinking about my girlfriend friends school family whatever. But if I'ts something difficult or requiring physical activity (marching) then usually Id focus on whats happeneing, and sometimes I just zone out completely and forget whatever I'm doing.
I'm thinking about the picture in my head I'm trying to create with my guitar
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by overgronE
My mind goes all blank usually, and often times I forget to close my mouth, which leads to drool... yes its pretty sad

OMG Im not the only one! Lol!!!!!! anyway i normally put a load of music on my playlist, first few songs il concentrate then il drift off, think about recent events, a girl on my mind, yano the usual crap.
Quote by ChoPxSueY
OMG Im not the only one! Lol!!!!!! anyway i normally put a load of music on my playlist, first few songs il concentrate then il drift off, think about recent events, a girl on my mind, yano the usual crap.

Yeah... we're talking about playing guitar here.
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
Yeah... we're talking about playing guitar here.

Really? On a guitar forum?
if i'm playing a song, i just think of doing right

when i'm jamming i think on what am i going to play next so i don't sound repetitive
I try to concentrate on not screwing up 90% of the time, while the other 10% is spent wondering if I look stupid up on stage.

EDIT: And another 10% thinking about what my GF is thinking about.

Wait. That's 110%. I need to get some math tutoring.
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
Last edited by CaptainWow at Jan 27, 2007,
Also, especially when playing the Opeth songs I know, I think about my dream guitars, mostly ones I've played at Guitar Center, and much I want them.

Like the Emerald PRS Custom 24 I want, and a Gibson '61 Reissue SG.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Whatever the song makes me feel. If Im playing RATM or Bad Religion, Im thinking about how ****ed up our society/government is. If I'm playing Hendrix, I'm just chillin and havin a good time. If I'm playing my stuff, im thinking about whatever the song is about, from girl troubles to true freedom.
Quote by fallenangel20
Also, especially when playing the Opeth songs I know, I think about my dream guitars, mostly ones I've played at Guitar Center, and much I want them.

Like the Emerald PRS Custom 24 I want, and a Gibson '61 Reissue SG.

Hehe its like thinking of a hot supermodel when you're with your girlfriend :P:P:P
My mind goes blank an i focus on my hand movement.
Quote by FriskyDrisky
haha i dunno know. like if i sh*t or fart i know they smell really bad, but I enjoy the smell. Like I'll fart on my hand and then smell my hand. I dont think thats normal though...
that im on stage, and everyones screaming out my name... and i became popular
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
You watch those nature documentaries on the cable? See the one about lions? Got this lion. He’s the king of the jungle. Huge mane, out of here. He’s laying down under a tree, in the middle of Africa. He’s so big. He’s so hot. He doesn’t want to move. The little lion cubs, they start messing with him. Biting his tail, biting his ears. He doesn’t do anything. The lioness, she starts messing with him. Coming over, making trouble. Still nothing. Now the other animals notice this, and they start to move in, the jackals, Hyenas. They’re barking at him, laughing at him. They nip his toes and eat the food that’s in his domain. They do this, Then they get closer and bolder, till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody. Runs like the wind, eats everything in his path. ‘Cause every once in a while, the lion has to show the jackals, who he is. Its too late to be scared. It’s time to kill.
volleyball mostly.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
pr0n
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

"Don't **** up, Don't **** up, Don't **** up, Don't **** up, ..." etc.
Quote by 94 hours

Quote by dumps
i dont really know what is good so maybe you guys could give me some suggestions of a good practice amp with some a effects between 70 and 100pound. cheers

your buying an amp based on weight??
i think about hitting the right notes and not f**king up!! lol
no really my mind just goes blank i don't really think of anything.....not even what im playing.....my hands just kinda do it!!

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

._: Gear :_.
1952 Reissue Fender Strat
1962 Reissue Fender Telecaster
Bluerock Double Neck SG
Yamaha Pacifica 112mx
Aria Electro Acoustic
Fender Deluxe 900 Amp
Various Effects
I always think how damned stupid I would look if I was onstage. I have no stage prescence and I'd just freeze.

So basically, just sad because I know nothing will ever come of my playing, because I'm just too scared.

Damn I dont think about guitars or the next sequence thats techincally proper, my mood and whats on my mind (real world things) define the way I play, personal problems, emotional stress, the arguement I had with the girlfriend, the plans I have for that night...all pump me up and I just play, 60% of my playing I'd say was already written, Im now just discovering my licks and such

TBH!!
Page 1 of 2