I'm in a band which covers a lot of Killswitch Engage stuff and I need a half stack amp for around £500 ($1000).

Do you guys know of any good ones??

Please help
I have nothing to say
I'm not sure about the prices in the UK (I'm assuming that's your location), but you might be able to get a used ENGL head, like a screamer or something. I'd recommend trying to find a 5150, but apparently those are way more expensive outside the US.
well, Adam D uses mesa and Hughes and Keffner on their albums. you could check those out.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Quote by Liarsenic12
well, Adam D uses mesa and Hughes and Keffner on their albums. you could check those out.

I would but I don't have £2500 to spend ($5000)
I have nothing to say
Well, I get pretty good metalcore sounds out of my Laney GH50 half stack, especially if I put a good tubescreamer in line like your maxon... You should be able to pick one up second hand for within budget.
^I was going to say that. I get great metal tones from my GH50L (via a Carvin Legacy cab), so I don't see why you couldn't do metalcore. It won't suit you so well for "smash and bash" style stuff. By "smash and bash" I mean just hammering out drop-tuned powerchords and such.

I got my head for $450, and the cab for another $500.
That's in USD of course, so that's around 500 pounds, give or take.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
You don't need a stack - and you'll get far more for your money if you go for a combo.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If you want a metal stack, doesn't it make more sense to be able to crank a lower wattage combo with less speakers, then play a half stack on like 5??

I'm not real good with metal amps, or amps in the UK, so I'll leave that to someone else, but I'd rather have a cranked power amp for high gain...

ENGL and laney seem to be the two most popular UK amps...FYI...
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
i was gonna say engl combo, but dang! you dont have shiit for money do you poor person.

sooooooo......let ebay rule all!
You can pick up an ENGL Thunder for around £500

http://www.thomann.de/gb/engl_thunder_50_e322_roehrencombo.htm

Ashdown Fallen Angel, one of the Laney combos or a DSL401 would all be worth looking at.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com