There have been alot of stand-up related threads and im tired of seeing them, so here is one stand-up thread for all comedy related things.

-Don't insult a comedian w/o any reason backing it up either. Way too many people hate Dane Cook but can't explain why.

-The same goes for if you like a certain comedian, post why he/she is funny to you.
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
the blue collar boys rule bar none. nuff' said.
Last edited by caffeineman at Jan 27, 2007,
George Carlin is my fave.

He's just so smart with his comedy. He doesn't really seem too different at first, but he's just got that...thing. It's hard to explain.

Mitch Hedburg. Acid humor. Nuff said.

Chappelle. I know racial comedy got kinda old last year, but I still love him. Mencia's a clone.

Richard Pryor.- Same as Chappelle

Patton Oswalt. He was really one of the few comedians that made me cry from laughing so hard. He's a genius, and he's soooo brutally honest.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I HATE DANE COOK, AND I HAVE NO REASON TO BACK IT UP.

Ok I do.
It's quite simple really, I just don't find him funny. I watched 2 of is specials and the most I got out of them was a smirk. Not even a mild chuckle...

As for my favorite comics:

Lewis Black-Let's face it people, this man is awesome. His "fake nager" I guess you'd acll it, that he puts into his comedy is hilarious. His political views are excellent imo, and his religion based stuff is hilarious as well.

Dave Chappelle-This man is probably my favorite comic ever. I mean, wow. He's so edgy. And his racism stuff is great. He confronts the stereotypes and puts them down with humor instead of adding fuel to the fire. Mencia deosn't do it for me. His first Comedy Central Presents was great. Once he got his show, idk. He went SO downhill.

Chris Rock-Same reason as Chappelle, he's so edgy and racy, in the adult way, not racy as in racism. I mean, this man is hilarious. "**** her in the eye, ****, **** her in the eye."

Patton Oswald makes me laugh util I'm no the verge of tears as well. He is awesome. Kevin James is pretty good too. ( I group them together bc of KoQ)

Ron White is the only Blue Coller comic I can barely stand. He's pretty good, but his blue coller counterparts SUCK.

Thats enough for now...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Blue Collar boys, John Pinette, Carlos Mencia, and Chris Titus.

I do not like Dane Cook becuase I don't think he is original, he sold out to the big screen, and He just gets to damn anoying.
IM sorry but blue collar comdiens are NOT funny

but that just my opinion

i love Dave Chapelle
Dane Cook and Mitch Hedberg are my favorites...they are practical opposites in their style

but bipolar opposites attract
Christopher Titus is hilarous as well.

"Normal Rockwell is Bleeding" was genius. The part where his mom died was just one of those "....I don't know whether to cry or laugh...."

Ya know?

Saxo-Walrus

I think Dave Chappelle, Ralphie May, and Dane Cook, and Jim Gaffigan are pretty much the funniest stand up comedians out there. They've made me laugh more than any other stand up comedian. I like Dane Cook the least out of the ones I listed though.
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet

Lewis Black-Let's face it people, this man is awesome. His "fake nager" I guess you'd acll it, that he puts into his comedy is hilarious. His political views are excellent imo, and his religion based stuff is hilarious as well.

Yeah, Lewis Black is one of my favorites too. He makes a lot of great observations. I loved the White Album.
Zach Galifianakis FTW
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Id have to say Dane Cook and Pablo Francisco. Dane Cook has alot of energy and Pablo is just hilarious, especially with all the voices he does

Quote by BottleOfSmoke
Zach Galifianakis FTW

Nice sig
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Last edited by clincher09 at Jan 27, 2007,
Quote by clincher09
Id have to say Dane Cook and Pablo Francisco. Dane Cook has alot of energy and Pablo is just halarious, especially with all the voices he does

Nice sig

the credit is all yours, my friend
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
i like dane cook's delivery, but his material alone isn't that funny.

mitch hedberg on the other hand....
official member of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement.
Quote by tossup
i like dane cook's delivery, but his material alone isn't that funny.

I love his "Harmful if Swallowed" and "Retaliation" material, but he re-uses jokes too much.

I love the "Crazy Co-worker" bit, and the "Speak and Spell", and how he grew up with 5 sisters, and Burger King, and why he loves the word fuck so much.

"You've got to emphasize the 'UH!!', you know? You gotta have the 'FFF!' and the 'UH!!' and the 'KUH!!!'"

That always makes me crack up.

But yes, Mitch Hedburg was out King of Acid for the first decade of the 2000s.

I could quote him all day.

"You know at the end of all the McDonald's commercials it says 'Prices and participation may vary'? Well I'm going to open a McDonalds and not participate in SHIT! 'Hey man, let me get a cheeseburger', 'Sorry, we don't selel cheeseburgers. We got spaghetti! And blankets. And we are in no way affiliated with that clown. He attracts too many kids."

Saxo-Walrus

I just got done watching Kylse Cease on the Stand Up Showdown countdown.

He was surprisingly funny.

The Amazing Jonathan is on now.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
I just got done watching Kylse Cease on the Stand Up Showdown countdown.

He was surprisingly funny.

The Amazing Jonathan is on now.

LOl I'm watching the same thing. Kyle was pretty hilarious. I've never heard of him, but he was great.

I've seen Jonathen before, but it's always great.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
"So, how's the Hole?"

Saxo-Walrus

Christopher Titus - Just brilliantly funny, he has energy, great material, and most if not all of his stuff is true stuff

Mitch Hedberg - I dunno, he's just funny, in some special way.

Gabriel Iglesias - Brilliantly funny, great delivery, great material.
Bill Hicks has got to be one of the best stand up comedians in my eyes, just says things that are so true and presents them in ways you wouldn't usually hear a comedian saying.

Lee Evans is great aswell, does a lot of good observations and is great at improvising on stage.

Eddie Murphy in his prime was fantastic as a stand up comedian aswell but I'm sure everyone knows that anyway.

i think everyone shud check out a guy called Omid Djalili hes very very funny and the only Iranian comedian I know of.
You know,at some point in your city,their is always a lot of theft,the problem is that it's usually the same person.

"Gimmie Your Money,Bitch!"

"hey Carl,is that you? Can you please give me a break? i'm in a hurry"
*Stands up*

EDIT: Oh, wait...
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
SHIT!!!

I forgot Mike Birbiglia....

I love this guy.

WIFFLEBALL TONY!!!

Saxo-Walrus

I used to like Dane Cook A LOT. But I got sick of him. Plus, he stole a routine from Louis CK, which makes me lose a lot of respect for him. My favorites are:

Mitch Hedberg
David Cross
George Carlin
Louis CK
Jim Norton
Lewis Black
Demetri Martin
Brian Regan
Patton Oswalt
Quote by Abraham Lincoln
Well, we've already bought the tickets

Mike Birbiglia is just awesome.

Saxo-Walrus

-Don't insult a comedian w/o any reason backing it up either. Way too many people hate Dane Cook but can't explain why.

ok, here i go-

dane cook can be funny, its just that he says things that really aren't funny, plus whenever he says whatever it is, he yells it like some psycho. then he always talks like a girl and he walks around the stage dancing and is mainly only good for some one liners-
there, i said it

heres a good stand up comedian.

he is very talented at what he does and is verry funny-

Jeff Dunham

now hes a funny comedian, and is worth being noticed
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
I hate Carlos Mencia!!!! He Stanks!!!!!!!!
Used Bill Cosby's jokes and whatnot. The jokes he does use are so repetetive it gets boring really fast.
Mitch Hedberg rocks. Sucks he's dead. I love how random his stuff his and how true it is.
It's obvious he did a crapload of drugs just by his material.
Oh yeah... Jim Gaffagin is good too.
Facebook.com/Notafluke