Looks alright although I've never played one.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
My friend had an iceman that i was working on and it played pretty well in my opinion. I do remember him saying that he did not like the stock pickups though.
dont listenb to that moron. ibanez make some awesome guitars (not sure about this model though, sorry)
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
I love the look of the Iceman, and the pu's are different from most stock Ibanez pu's (IBZ ones), but the set neck is nice.
there's a few pages of reviews right there at the link you provided. scroll down and look.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sneaky4894
Ibanez sucks, so does Iceman. Get something better. Kthanksbye.

retard
I own an Iceman. Worst stock pickups, horrible action. Horrible intonation. It's neck heavy. Electronics blew out. pick up fell in. Jack output is screwed up.... The list goes on.
Ibanez make really good guitars. Not seen the iceman model, but perhaps Sneaky it was a faulty model? These things happen, that's why we get warranty.
The thing cost me just about a grand.... and it was made in the USA (so probably one of their better qualities) and it still was crap. I got my money back, but I got to keep the guitar
The thing cost me just about a grand.... and it was made in the USA (so probably one of their better qualities) and it still was crap. I got my money back, but I got to keep the guitar

How long ago was that? I know they closed the US custom shop a while back...

Iceman's a good guitar, pickups are a bit pants but the action will go as low as you like and it's well put together - fatter neck than I'm used to but still fast. Nice tone unplugged, warm and middly with plenty of sustain...somewhere between a Les Paul and an SG. It is neck heavy, but so's an SG and I don't hear people slating them for it - just get a leather strap if it bothers you that much, or learn to live with it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
About November 2005.

Then you're talking out of your arse - Ibanez haven't made a guitar in the USA since 1996, and they never made a production model over there, strictly custom jobs. Keep quiet if you don't know what you're talking about.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Then you're talking out of your arse - Ibanez haven't made a guitar in the USA since 1996, and they never made a production model over there, strictly custom jobs. Keep quiet if you don't know what you're talking about.

Hey twat face, you don't like what I have to say, STFU. K thanks bye.
The iceman is a very nice guitar, and actually was my other choice when I got my jetKing II. the sale factor on the JetKing was the coil taps, but the Iceman was just as good sounding a guitar otherwise. I do personally do not care for the large solid body of the iceman, I like my "big" guitars to be semi or full hollow(I realize these cannot be compared, but I am odd, I was cross-shopping a Dot and an Explorer too).
Quote by Sneaky4894

No, but he CAN expect you to be near things that resemble facts.

kthxbai.
it's a very nice guitar. the neck is amazing, nice and thin yet not too thin. similar to that of an epi lp custom maybe a little smaller. The thing looks sweet. the only thing is the pickups might no be too great because there crappy stock ibanez ones but they might be good (havn't tried it plugged in) and the strap button is in an uncomfortable positon for me because it's on the back insted of the side like a les paul, but I say get it you will not be disapointed
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
Quote by Sneaky4894

You realize saying K thanks bye at the end of your posts makes you look like some retarded teenybopper right?

Stop posting, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

On topic: My friend owns an Iceman, very high quality. The pickups aren't quite Seymour Duncans, but if you fiddle with you amp a little they sound great. Nice neck too.
Dickless.
Quote by Sneaky4894
I own an Iceman. Worst stock pickups, horrible action. Horrible intonation. It's neck heavy. Electronics blew out. pick up fell in. Jack output is screwed up.... The list goes on.

No you don't.

Go drink bleach. Now.
Quote by Sneaky4894

Thanks for the worthless post, Thunder****!

As for the IC400, its a classic, and worth the money.
I'm back, you douchebags.
I own one and it sounds pretty good, and plays well. The neck is pretty comfortable. Shows finger prints but oh well. A little top heavy. Very good guitar overall.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
I own one and it sounds pretty good, and plays well. The neck is pretty comfortable. Shows finger prints but oh well. A little top heavy. Very good guitar overall.

heavy? how much does the thing weigh?

also, thanks to all for the input so far, keep em coming!
I was about to get one, but I am not getting one until a long long time, sigh.

I have made a thread about this, check it out under my profile.
It's a great guitar, except for the crappy pickups, usual ibanez.
I have to say the iceman is one of the most comfortable guitars i've played. It's not as heavy as people say it is, I find my Ibanez Rg to be heavy, the Iceman is lighter than that. All in all very decent guitar
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
i havnt played one but judging from the specs it looks like a pretty decent guitar. u might have to change the pickups though....

.....kthanksbye
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
the Iceman is an amazing guitar!
the pups aren't the best, but it's easy to switch them i played one with EMGs in it, you can't find a better sounding guitar in this pricerange!
the only real con i can think of, is that if you are planning on buying a hard case, you would have to buy the original ibanez one because it is the only one where the IC fits in and this is usually pretty hard to get.
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
Iceman's are pretty nice guitars. The stock pickups suck, but if you change them, you'll be fine. The neck is a bit too heavy, but we can all cope with a heavy guitar.

Also, Daron malakian from System of a Down plays Iceman guitars, and he thinks they're awesome.
Quote by Sneaky4894
i love morons..
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
Ibanez Iceman is a really good guitar
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by hooblatots
so the iceman can only fit in its custom case? or would it fit in this case?
http://www.zzounds.com/item--WORGBELEC
or a coffin case?

most likley yes, it's easier to fit a guitar in a gig bag I would think because it isn't molded to fit 1 or 2 guitars.

Coffin case might be good
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
I've not played the regular models but a friend of mine plays the DMM1 I think it is, the Daron Malakian signature model and it sounds pretty damn sweet and he does love that guitar. Prefers it by far to his Gibson Explorer (but not as much as his Parker Fly).
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I have the Iceman 200 model and I say for the price it's a good guitar. But I gotta admit that the stock pick-up sucks. Other than that, it has an awesome warm and rich tone (if you have a fairly good amp).
i have an ichrg2...which is basically that same modle you were considering buying, exept with custom graphics. i bought it with emg pick ups. never looked back
How old is this topic?...
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.