hey guys, i noticed there were not a lot of dispatch threads on this site. for thoose of you who dont know who dispatch is, they are a great band that played in the 90's. unfortunely, they broke up. state radio, pete francis, and braddigan are the new bands that were formed by the three band members. they are all great. but i was wondering if anybody new a good site to get dispatch tabs
this one

and dispatch is awesome listening to them now
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
Yep.

www.tabsinonefellswoop.com

For all your Dispatch related tabs/gear lists/etc.

Seeing them at the reunion shows on both the 13th and 14th!
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Last edited by Yertle at Jan 27, 2007,
i heard some of this band and i really liked it, i heard this live album with "bang Bang" i think, what album should i get first?

Gut the Van is the best place to start in my opinion - they are utterly brilliant live, and you get a variety of styles from the acoustic folk of Silent Steeples to the reggae/world music/RATM rock of Who are We Living for.

Silent Steeples, as stated, is mostly acoustic with a huge emphasis on the bands superb harmonies.
Bang Bang is more of a mix - features their most popular music.
Four Day Trials is just what it's titled - The band recording for four days in the studio. It's their most "live" studio record - more jammy.
Who Are We Living for is heavier and at the same time more reggae toned, hinting at State Radio.

Gut the Van is a live album, and is phenomenal.
All Points Bulletin is a great live album of the band's farewell concert(s).

But really, a very, very special band with some of the best chemistry of the past twenty years, soaring harmonies, amazing conga parts, activism and the largest concert in independent music to their name.

songs to sample:

Elias
Time Served
Open Up
Flying Horses
Mission
Here We Go

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

Last edited by Yertle at Jan 27, 2007,
I try

I have a soft spot for this band - one of the first bands I got into that I still like, formed in Vermont, my Uncle taught them at Middlebury, exceptionally worldly and charitable, and I've given Chetro a high five

Quote by crazypeanutman

well, if u are just getting into them, i would recomend buying the album bang bang. the song the general is my farovite. also u should chek out state radio.

oh thats perfect thanks
guess who got some Dispatch today? nope not hilary clinton, me! i got Bang Bang cause that's the only one they had at my local FYE. so far it's really good and refreshing. but i've only listened to the first 4 tracks, i'm about to go and leanr a bunch of their songgs on bass ! thanks fellow UGers

The General is too damn sweet for words, it has the most natural sounding refrain I've heard in a looooong time...
Quote by Doolittle
too cool, they're sorta you're "home town heros" in a sense

Nice.

Gut the Van next!

Quote by crazypeanutman

haha, i went to see state radio in boston on saturday, it was insane! chad rocks so hard, i'm stoked to see Dispatch this summer. I'm going on the 13th and 14th, staying overnight at some sketchy hostel in brooklyn, but it's gonna be epic!!

btw, bang bang is sub par. honestly, i would steer away from their studio albums- they struggle to capture the same energy they have on stage.

Yep. I'm going on the 13th, and have great seats, but I also have tickets for the 14th, incase you know anyone who needs them, as I plan on selling them.

Quote by crazypeanutman

I'm still trying to get tickets for the MSG show, and it looks promising so far...also, I played The General at an acoustic open mic a week or two ago, and it came out very well. I was really taking a chance, because I'm not that amazing of a singer, and that song is either going to go over amazingly or totally bomb, but I nailed it. Yeah, go me. I love those guys.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
So, I ended up rocking out at all 3 shows, the 13th-15th at MSG. It was unbelievable! I'm so beat now, but it was definitely worth it.

Anyone else go? Thoughts on the show(s)?
I went to the 13th, and it was superb. The van in the middle of the crowd was priceless, and bringing the childrens choir and the other musicians was great as well.

Quote by crazypeanutman

15th was ****ing amazing!
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by Sid McCall
I'm still trying to get tickets for the MSG show, and it looks promising so far...also, I played The General at an acoustic open mic a week or two ago, and it came out very well. I was really taking a chance, because I'm not that amazing of a singer, and that song is either going to go over amazingly or totally bomb, but I nailed it. Yeah, go me. I love those guys.

I've played that song so many times, i host an open mic(and i'm only 15 woot) great live song
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

EPIC THREAD BUMP!

I just had to. Found out about State Radio about a month ago but I think Dispatch is way better. Not that SR isn't great, Dispatch is just more "my style."

Bang Bang has become one of my favorite albums. The General is amazing.
Had to bump for the greater good.

I am currently in love with this band after i discovered them about 3-4 months ago.
It's a real shame they broke up but State Radio has some pretty awesome songs: Right me Up, Man in the Hall