Any ideas of good speakers for this amp, i know of the Celestion G10 vintage but not much else.

Any information would be cool, nd i'm not very knowledgable about speakers so if you need any other info just ask.

thanks
The Stuff!
i hear the celestion 10" speakers aren't great, I'd look into eminence or weber myself.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh ok thanks.
Can someone tell me if i'd need to match wttage for the speaker and my amp?
The Stuff!
^ you need to make sure it's at least 30 watts (more is ok), and also match the impedence (in ohms). your manual should tell you what the impedence of the stock speaker is.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ no problem. Just don't get too highly rated a speaker- it won't get pushed enough then. Somewhere between 30 and 60 odd watts, I'd say.

Just email eminence and weber to see their recommendations. Jensen might be worth a look too, but they're a lot more fendery-sounding.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh kl i like the Fender sound so it might be a good idea to look at.

EDIT!: Can anyone also tell me what the difference and effect of the difference is between Alnico and Ceramic speakers?
The Stuff!
Last edited by thyme at Jan 28, 2007,
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just sold an amp today with a Celestion G10-50 in it. The amp was alright, but the speaker cranked! I was thinking about pulling it out and selling the rest as parts! But then I was surprised by having someone offer me my asking price.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by thyme
EDIT!: Can anyone also tell me what the difference and effect of the difference is between Alnico and Ceramic speakers?

alnico sounds more vintage, with a slower attack and a little bit of sag, ceramic sounds more modern and harder-edged, faster attack. In general terms.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by slatsmania
I just sold an amp today with a Celestion G10-50 in it. The amp was alright, but the speaker cranked! I was thinking about pulling it out and selling the rest as parts! But then I was surprised by having someone offer me my asking price.

By cranked do you mean shit? broken? or good? i assumed not good but i was a tad confused. sorry.

Quote by Dave_Mc
alnico sounds more vintage, with a slower attack and a little bit of sag, ceramic sounds more modern and harder-edged, faster attack. In general terms.

Oh yeh and what about errr that neodynimium thing? (presumably i spelt it wrong)

cheers
The Stuff!
^ Not too sure about neodymium, my guess is it's more modern too, i think neodymium is a strong magnet.

I think by "cranked" he meant "good".
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by thyme
By cranked do you mean shit? broken? or good? i assumed not good but i was a tad confused. sorry.

My American vernacular... cranked = got real loud and sounded good doing it!

If the amp lasted another couple days, I might've done a Jenny-mod and turned it into a cab.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
My American vernacular... cranked = got real loud and sounded good doing it!

If the amp lasted another couple days, I might've done a Jenny-mod and turned it into a cab.

I see, glad we got that cleared up.
Thanks that's good to know, i might look into that speaker then.

Do you know if this is the same as the G10 vintage?
The Stuff!
Quote by thyme
Do you know if this is the same as the G10 vintage?

That one was vintage, a good 20 years old. The new one is rated 10W higher, I couldn't tell you if it was the same or not, though.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
That one was vintage, a good 20 years old. The new one is rated 10W higher, I couldn't tell you if it was the same or not, though.

ha oh shocker, not gonna be able to get my hands on one of them then probably.
The Stuff!
yeah, my guess is if they've changed the specs, it'll sound different.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?