hey all, im thinking of getting either of these pedals fairly soon. i love how each one sounds, but i am unsure of which i would rather have. i know that the soulbender has a trim pot inside to adjust the amount of fuzz that you can get, but i dont know how much fuzz there is to adjust. can anyone say from experience what the pros/cons are for these two? any help is appreciated.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
Well the Soul Bender will sound like a Tonebender. Think the sound of Led Zeppelin I, that is a Tone Bender. The '69 Fuzz is modeled after a '69 Fuzz Face. The '69 fuzz will sound like late Hendrix (Woodstock).
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Well the Soul Bender will sound like a Tonebender. Think the sound of Led Zeppelin I, that is a Tone Bender. The '69 Fuzz is modeled after a '69 Fuzz Face. The '69 fuzz will sound like late Hendrix (Woodstock).

Actually the '69 is more for early Hendrix, while the '70 is for later Hendrix like Band of Gypsys and stuff. But you could also check out the KR Gypsy Fuzz or Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz. Or if you're willing to spend a bit more try the Sunface BC-108 or NKT-275.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Also look at the Roger Mayer Classic Fuzz, I bought it after comparing it head to head with the Axis fuzz.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Also look at the Roger Mayer Classic Fuzz, I bought it after comparing it head to head with the Axis fuzz.

That too.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by JJK
Actually the '69 is more for early Hendrix, while the '70 is for later Hendrix like Band of Gypsys and stuff. But you could also check out the KR Gypsy Fuzz or Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz. Or if you're willing to spend a bit more try the Sunface BC-108 or NKT-275.

Does the "Band of gypsy's" stuff include Woodstock, because that wasn't with "The Experience"?
Quote by mr_hankey
Does the "Band of gypsy's" stuff include Woodstock, because that wasn't with "The Experience"?

Band of Gypsys was a shortlived band with Billy Cox and Buddy Miles in early 1970. They were amazing. Please go buy the CD. Immediately.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by JJK

Ah yeah.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by JJK
Band of Gypsys was a shortlived band with Billy Cox and Buddy Miles in early 1970. They were amazing. Please go buy the CD. Immediately.

Dude, wtf is wrong with you?! I'm not gonna buy that CD!

I have the LP