My tone sounds strange when I play with my fingers...
Hey guys, just started to learn to play with my fingers after ages of electric and a flat pick... I just got a Briarwood guitar and it's very nice. Sounds great...
But when I try to play songs like The Light and the glass the tone sounds very soft and not clear enough.

Is there a trick to it?
thats because skin isnt hard and flat
some people who fingerpick and have that hard sound would hjave very strong finger nails and use them to pick
I'm not sure actually, it's whatever came on the guitar.
The gauge isn't too big, but the E string is huge.

Which one should I put on next time I change the strings?
nonononono, it's not that simple, on your guitar, the strings it came with, are some of them nylon (not metal)?
most people who play finger pick style guitar grow the nails on their picking hand out. this creates picks on each finger.
Are you using your actual fingers to pick or are you using your fingernails? If your using your bare fingers it will sound dull and soft, if your using your fingernails it will sound similar to flatpicking.
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.
ahh... so you use your finger nails to do that? I see...
Do I want to get the string under my fingernail or do I want to hit it forward with the top of the nail?
you'll want to hit the string with the underside of your nail, like you're plucking it.
Quote by luxienai
ahh... so you use your finger nails to do that? I see...
Do I want to get the string under my fingernail or do I want to hit it forward with the top of the nail?

Dude, your a June 06'er, and you dont know the difference between steel and nylon strings?
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?