I'm trying to learn bass and the instructional books and dvd I have arent showing me how to form chords, just how to play. Where could I find a chord diagrams or something?

Cheers
Most bass players don't use chords.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
not sure, just search for one i guess on yahoo. the guy that plays in the band at my church is sweet at bass, he never just frets one note, he'll fret the chord but not play all the notes at the same time.
Ya just use the root note. If you see a chord that says A, then play the A note. Usually the lower the better.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Bass chords are the same as guitar chords, although not many sound good played together. They are best played one note at a time, and let all the notes ring out. If you find good chords it can sound really good, better than on guitar in my opinion, although it needs to be done right or it sounds really muddy.
"Their fate is in each others hands as they decide whether to share... or to shaft"
Robert Kilroy-Silk from his sadly shortlived quiz-show Shafted.

Member Number 7 of the Frank Zappa Appreciation Club. PM chocolatguitar to join.
Ok thanks guys. I just dont want to get into bad habits early on.
Just a side note.. if you're playing chords on bass, it often sounds good to leave out the lowest string, just because the pitch is so low it muddles up the sound that the rest of the strings are making.
[SIZE=